PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Holidays does WDW celebrate?

plutosnana
07-11-2010, 08:17 AM
I know they celebrate Christmas and Easter but
do they celebrate Valentine's day, Thanksgiving, etc?

:goofy:

DizneyRox
07-11-2010, 08:38 AM
The Hallmark holidays are usually just celebrated with things like pins, etc. Easy/cheap to produce with high profit margins.

Christmas is really the only "big" holiday that gets a ton of attention. Halloween gets a little, the rest I believe are really just busy times of the year with maybe some signage, etc.

Strmchsr
07-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Christmas is really the only "big" holiday that gets a ton of attention. Halloween gets a little, the rest I believe are really just busy times of the year with maybe some signage, etc.

That's pretty much it. They do some small special stuff at the American pavilion on the 4th of July and the Easter Bunny makes an appearance for Easter, but that's it. During Halloween only MK is decorated, and that's not a lot. They actually transform it from minimal to a good bit for the MVMCP, but none of the other parks are impacted. Christmas is the only widespread one. Thanksgiving used to be somewhat special at the Liberty Tree, but I don't think that's a big deal anymore.

plutosnana
07-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks!

:goofy:

Figment!
07-11-2010, 12:34 PM
In addition to the above:

Patriotic Fireworks Shows or version of shows are typically shown at the Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot for July 4th.

New Year's Fireworks shows or version of shows are typically shown at at the Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot for New Year's Eve.

Animal Kingdom celebrates Earth Day every year with a number of special activities around the park and usually special Character appearances.

Typically several restaurants will offer special dining packages for Valentine's Day, but this has been much less promoted in recent years.

St.Patrick's Day is celebrated at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney Pleasure Island.

Although hardly promoted, most of the World Showcase pavilions in Epcot will recognize national holidays from the countries they represent with special entertainment and activities.