PDA

View Full Version : How many guests should I list for ADRs?

andrew&ryansmommy
07-10-2010, 04:42 PM
We will be traveling in December- our group is as follows- myself, husband, mom, and 2 DS, ages 1 &3. I was putting 5 guests (for everyone) but some places were saying I wasnt guaranteed 2 tables together, or others werent available at all. So I started putting 4 guests, since the youngest will be in a high chair and we will not be paying for him- I have had better luck making some reservations, and figured I would call at a closer date and mention the need for a high chair. Is that acceptable, or should I be putting 5 guests when making the ADRs?

Belster
07-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Not sure about how it goes technically but I always include the high-chairs in the count.

FYI....We always get a table together and we have 8. :mickey:

forever a child
07-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Put 5, the infant counts. You shouldn't have a problem getting a table together.

andrew&ryansmommy
07-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I wasnt able to get the times I wanted when I put 5..does this mean I need to cancel and try again? We went last year as a party of 9 and always got seated together, but were also told they couldnt guarantee it.

ElenitaB
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I would put your party down as a party of five, as that is what you have. Even though your youngest is in a high chair, the high chair still takes up a space at the table. When you show up with your party of five at the dining venues where you booked an ADR for a party of four, you may find yourself waiting longer than expected as they locate a table large enough to accomodate you all.

forever a child
07-10-2010, 07:00 PM
I wasnt able to get the times I wanted when I put 5..does this mean I need to cancel and try again?

Since it sounds like you already booked some/all of your adr's with 4 in your party instead of 5. I would keep what you have BUT, I would work on replacing them with the correct # before your trip. You may have to adjust some times to get the restaurants you want. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
07-10-2010, 07:51 PM
I would put your party down as a party of five, as that is what you have. Even though your youngest is in a high chair, the high chair still takes up a space at the table.

:exactly: The child in the high chair still counts towards the fire code and therefore you must have a party of 5 in your ADR. I made a mistake once on this and had to rebook our ADRs. I asked the CMs about it and they said we ran the possibility of not being seated at all if the restaurant was full if we didn't have the proper number noted in our party. That risk might not turn out and just, as noted, it takes longer to seat you, but just be aware if you don't change to 5 you run the risk of not being seated.