PDA

View Full Version : Wine & Dine Half Marathon

WDW*Dreamer
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I was wondering how many Intercoters are doing the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. I signed up several weeks ago, and I noticed today it's at 85% of capacity. This will be my first race longer than 5k. I've been training for it and just ran my first 13.1 miles this morning. It 'bout killed me, but I made it :thumbsup:.

I'm sure the magic at Disney will make it much easier to run through the parks. Anybody know what kind of heat we can expect at 10:00pm on October 2?

Melanie
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
My DH is running it, and my boys and I will be attending the after hours party at Epcot. I'm really looking forward to that weekend! :wine:

Good luck to you on your first long distance race. :walk: Sounds like you are coming along with your training really well. It's still really humid in October, but hopefully by 10pm it will be comfortable for all you runners.

klb
07-17-2010, 11:46 AM
You're going to have a great time. The half is my favorite distance. I would it expect it to be on the warmish side but not unbearably so since the race is at night. It will probably be pretty humid though.

I really wish I were still running it. I've registered, but we've had to cancel our trip for those dates due to my son's favorite ride being down. (He's a special needs child & small world is one of the main reasons he likes to go to wdw).

Have a magical run!

WDW*Dreamer
07-17-2010, 12:21 PM
klb....how disappointing for you and your son. I share his opinion of Small World. I recently tacked on a weekend at Disney during a business trip to Orlando. It was the first time I've ever gone by myself. I rode Small World several times. There's just so much to see in there, you have to ride it over and over to take it all in.

Hopefully we'll see you down there for next year's race.

Macy's mom
08-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I would like to register for the 1/2 marathon, but it is at capacity. Do you know if any spots will open up at a later date? Any suggestions?

anewvision
07-19-2015, 11:12 AM
I would like to register for the 1/2 marathon, but it is at capacity. Do you know if any spots will open up at a later date? Any suggestions?
Maybe there's some bibs left if you raise money for a charity or if you are an elite runner there are bibs.