PDA

View Full Version : CB resort question please...

jpH/keD
07-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Intercot-folks! I have a resort question please. If we stay at the Carribean Beach Resort is it a reasonable walk to EPCOT? And then onto the mororail line? I SOOO want to stay on the monorail but the prices are way too high for our modest budget? TIA for any helpful hints!! :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
07-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Actually CBR would be a very long walk to Epcot (Not really possible)and would require dodging traffic and walking to another resort before entering the International Gateway of Epcot, going through bag check/security, and then walking all the way to the front of Epcot, exiting the park and getting on a monorail. Would probably lose half a day in transit. The monorail resorts are great but I would just suggest planning some time to ride the monorail during your trip and visiting the monorail resorts to eat or shop. When we aren't staying on the monorail loop we always plan one or two days to leave Epcot and take the monorail to the TTC and then the Poly and then on to the MK. If you are dead set on riding the monorail from the CBR your best bet would be to take the bus to Epcot which drops you off near the monorail station. That should save you like two hours of walking!:thumbsup:

PetefromRI
07-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Some people say that they have walked to Epcot from the CBR but it's really quite a hike.Just take a bus.CBR is pretty close to Epcot and it would be much safer.

Scar
07-10-2010, 05:03 PM
It is totaly possible, and completley safe. I've done it.

Go to the Aruba parking lot, then across the grass (away from the buildings) and you will come to the intersection of Victory Way and Buena Vista Dr. Cross over Buena Vista (there is a light and a crosswalk) then head left on the sidewalk. After the Hess station, but before the bridge follow the sidewalk right and it will take you to the path that goes from Boardwalk to DHS. Turn right and head toward Boardwalk/Epcot. Should be between 30 and 50 minutes depending on what area of CBR you are in and/or how fast you walk. You can shave a few minutes off by cutting through the Hess station and through the Boardwalk lobby, but it's not as pretty a walk.

Easy and safe.

CleveRocks
07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
It is totaly possible, and completley safe. I've done it.

Go to the Aruba parking lot, then across the grass (away from the buildings) and you will come to the intersection of Victory Way and Buena Vista Dr. Cross over Buena Vista (there is a light and a crosswalk) then head left on the sidewalk. After the Hess station, but before the bridge follow the sidewalk right and it will take you to the path that goes from Boardwalk to DHS. Turn right and head toward Boardwalk/Epcot. Should be between 30 and 50 minutes depending on what area of CBR you are in and/or how fast you walk. You can shave a few minutes off by cutting through the Hess station and through the Boardwalk lobby, but it's not as pretty a walk.

Easy and safe.I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but the problem is that the OP wants to walk to Epcot in order to access the monorail and not just to get to Epcot. So it's a 30-50 minute walk to the back of Epcot, and then the walk all the way through to the front entrance of the park and then to the monorail paltform.

So it's not only a HUGE amount of time, it also assumes that the OP has a park hopper ticket AND doesn't want to get anywhere first thing in the morning ... the OP would have to wait until Epcot opens (typically 9 a.m. if not morning Extra Magic Hours) before walking all the way through and even accessing the monorail. And then there's be the same problem at night depending on the time.

So to me, it's a matter of whether or not it's practical, instead of whether or not it's possible.

Scar
07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
So to me, it's a matter of whether or not it's practical, instead of whether or not it's possible.Fair enough. It probably would be a 2 hour journey to the MK that way from CBR, maybe more. But that would be 2 hours strolling through my favorite place in the world. :cloud9: I've more than once walked from The Dolphin to the monorail to get to MK, and couldn't care less how long it took.

Tigerinvestigator
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Fair enough. It probably would be a 2 hour journey to the MK that way from CBR, maybe more. But that would be 2 hours strolling through my favorite place in the world. :cloud9: I've more than once walked from The Dolphin to the monorail to get to MK, and couldn't care less how long it took.

I agree we have done it as well from the Dolphin and Beach Club. Even from there it was a long trip to MK and we only do it because we like to visit the Poly in route. I can't imagine walking all the way from CBR though. Maybe to Epcot but not all the way to the monorail and then the long trip to MK. I would definately be :ack: as out of shape as I am! LOL

jpH/keD
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info! I think I'll pass on all that! I was just looking for a plan. Guess this wasnt it! Good to know! :thumbsup: