PDA

View Full Version : Please Cancel....

Belster
07-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I am just venting....and I know that noone on this board would do this.

I just switched my week from 10/6-10/14 to 10/23-10/31....yay!! Saved over 900.00 with the free dining.:cloud9: Right away, I canceled my dining to allow for someone else to book. I really find it hard to believe that I cannot get some of my choices even for lunch. Please cancel whatever you are not using to help free-up the reservation system....please. :)

I must say that no matter what...we plan to have the best trip...especially being that we are saving soooooooo much money!

disneymom2000
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
:mickey:I love the ADR online system. I tried it for the first time for this visit. A couple of times I made reservations at second choice restaurants because my first choice wasn't available. When I tried back later my first choices were available when I wanted so when I made my new ressie, the sytem noted I had another reservation somewhere else and prompted me to cancel the previous one. It made that one more step just so much easier and I was glad to cancel and free up the space for someone else. I can't request enough that people cancel your reservation when something else comes up. It is just courtesy to the rest of your fellow Disney fans.

forever a child
07-10-2010, 03:02 PM
While I was planning my May trip, I was also considering a Sept/Oct trip. I made my ADR's for Sept/oct but never received my email confirmation. So I thought they didn't go through. The disney site does not like it when I use safari (mac user). So when I booked my Dec trip, I started making ADR's for Dec and received email confirmations for them. Later, I logined in to make a change and noticed my Sept ADR's were there too! So I quickly canceled them. I would have hated finding out that I actually made reservations and never was going to use them. Happy though that I was able to get all my Dec ADR's too!

tinksmom02
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I agree with you, if you're not going to use the ADR's, cancel them! I do have one ADR for December that I'm on the fence about, so I've kept it for now, but as soon as I make a decision, it'll be gone (or stay for good LOL). And that decision will be made in a matter of days, so plenty of time for someone else to jump on it if I cancel.

I do like how the online system prompts you to cancel ressies that are close together. I'd made a 5:30 for Wolfgang Pucks and then decided the time was too early...when I added a 6:30 ADR on the same day, the system asked if I wanted to keep or cancel the 5:30.