PDA

View Full Version : black out week

Jeri Lynn
07-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Folks,
I am going to be in WDW from 10/16 - 10/22...this is a blackout week for Free Dining. Luckily I received a pin code and discount a while back.

I am just wondering if anyone knows why this week is blacked out, is it a particularly popular week???

Scar
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
The only thing I can guess is that they already have a decent number of bookings that week.

TikiLounger
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I have no real answer, just a thought. Maybe it's because of the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP? Again, just a guess...

Fangorn
07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
One possible/probable reason:

That week, Oct 17-22 is the largest IT conference in the country, if not the world. Having attended it numerous times, I know first hand that there will be over 10000 attendees; a fair number bring spouses and/or families. While the conference is at the Swan/Dolphin, the official rooms (special pricing) for the conference spread across all resort levels and nearly all resorts.

Since free dining is intended to fill more rooms and that isn't necessary this week, Disney has blacked-out that week.

Note that while the resorts will be booked, the parks are not particularly impacted by the conference. One night during the conference, usually Monday, there is a private party. This normally happens at MK, but has been at DHS on occasion. I'm not sure where it will be this year.

Steve