PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours

andrew&ryansmommy
07-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Sorry if this question has been asked already...do extra magic hours (morning) typically make a park more crowded that day? I am trying to figure out my trip's itinerary for the first week of December and wasnt sure if we should skip those days/parks. We will be traveling with a 1 yr old and 3 yr old, and are very slow going in the morning. We would look to be at the park at open, but the early extra magic hours probably wouldnt be feasible..looking for opinions!

Scar
07-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Yes, general opinion is that if you are not going early for EMH, go to another park.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Go for the morning EMH then hop over to another park later in the day to avoid the crowds.

Dracula766
07-16-2010, 01:07 PM
How are they currently verifying resort guests for Evening EMH?

I know they used to do wristbands and on my last few trips they just asked to see your room key at an attraction entrance.

just curious

JPL
07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
They are still using the room keys

BigWes6
07-16-2010, 04:03 PM
We've tried am EMH a few times in the past and have found that they are busier .... So we tend to steer clear of them .

IloveDisney71
07-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Parks that have the EMH morning hours usually make for the busiest parks that day.
At night they are still asking to see your room key for each ride.

We got tired of pulling out our key for each ride so for our last two trips we brought photo id holders with a strap so we could just put our room keys in them and wear them around our necks. We just flashed them at the CM's and it eliminated us having to pull out our keys for each ride. It made things so much easier for us.

BigThunderFan
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
We have found we can ride many more rides in a day at a non-EMH park with shorter hours than in that extra hour (or three PM) you get with EMH.

If you can be there at 8am go for it but leave around 10:30-11am or else it will be more crowded there. We made this mistake a few trips ago with my parents who are not early risers. I planned to go to the early EMH parks but we couldn't get there until 9:30 with my mom (slowpoke that she is) and it was already WAY busy.

gollybass
07-20-2010, 03:44 PM
argh, now I'm unsure of what to do with the EMH in September!