PDA

View Full Version : Our dining ressie...Whatcha think...honestly

smokester653
07-09-2010, 07:58 PM
We are a party of 9 - 6 adults, 16 yr old, 2 -13 yr olds. We will be arriving to the worlderful land on Wed Oct 27th staying thru Tuesday Nov 2nd.

Our TS include : The Luau, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Biergarten, & Chef Mickey's for dinner.

Please give me your likes/dislikes - we would love to hear them & are open to suggestions for change. Thanks! :D :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-09-2010, 08:53 PM
You have two of our favourites!

We love Whispering Canyon Cafe & Biergarten. Both are fun, have good food and are different from what you'll find at home (or, at least what we'll find at home).

We've book both of them for our upcoming trip :thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
07-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe - We have gone twice. Really liked it the first time and not so much the second time. Cannot really tell you what was different. Kids will like that they can get milkshake as a drink on DDP.

Biergarten - I just love this place. Meat lovers buffet! Good show! This may be my favorite TS. Not that it has the best food but it is a lot of fun.

Chef Mickey's - If you kids like the meet & greet Mickewy & Minnie there is no best place. If you are going for a quiet relaxing meal, you have picked the wrong place. The food is average (at best). Good dessert bar.

Wrigley
07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
We have eaten at 2 of your choices-

The Luau~ We had alot of fun at this place! The food was good as well. I would def. do this again!

Chef Mickeys~ We have done both breakfast and dinner. We certainly prefer breakfast. We did dinner this past Nov. for our dd birthday, and honestly, it was the only meal during our trip that we disliked. The food was not good at all. We will def. do breakfast again, but never dinner.

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

chefmickey3
07-09-2010, 09:46 PM
For larger groups, I love your choices! Chef Mickey's is Disney fun! We enjoy the food and the atmosphere is great! Biegarten is a lot of fun - great show - yummy food! Also a lot of fun with a group. Whispering Canyon Cafe was one of our favorites - we are not doing it this year so we can try other things but we would definitely go back. Again, should be fun with a large group. We have never done the Luau - only Hoop de doo Revue - which we loved! Sounds like you will have a great trip!

smokester653
07-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the replies! We have done Chef Mickey's before but only for breakfast, so we do know what we're gettin into noise wise. Biergarden has always been a family favorite. :cloud9: My sister & her family missed out on Whispering Canyon Cafe many many years ago, their own fault (left WDW cause they were argueing :secret:)- so if I remember correctly they will be in for a treat & many surprises :secret:. As for the Luau, our Mom has always wanted to try this so w/ free dining, we decided to just do it! :D

KylesMom
07-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Well, two of your booked ADRs are among our favorites! Whispering Canyon & Chef Mickey's Dinner are must-do's during each of our trips.

We tried to attend the luau last year, but it was cancelled due to rain falling sideways, so we have yet to give it a try. Biergarten usually gets great reviews, but quite honestly DH & I can't stand the smell of saurkraut so it's not on our list. As long as your tablemates are social, I've heard that you'll have a great time there! :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Even on "free" dining you couldn't get me back to the Luau... Other than that, these sound sufficient. I can think of a few better dinners than Chef Mickeys, but it's not a bad choice by any means. Biergarten is always fun and has made the short list for many, many years.

smokester653
07-10-2010, 07:25 AM
DisneyRox- Tell me about your experience at the Luau. It really isnt a choice that i made but 1 that my DS & Mom wanted to do. Also, you mentioned that there were better choices than Chef Mickey's but you didnt elaborate- please do i would love to know. Thanks!:mickey: We are open to suggestions have no problems changing ressies. Also we do have a 1st timers with us this trip- 1 of the 13 yr olds :party:.

DizneyRox
07-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I thought it was a waste of money/time. Two hours I wish I had back. This was a number of years ago, but I won't take a chance again. The shot itself was a lame fashion show, excpet for the fire twirler, which I believe is the same guy that does the same thing over at Festival of the Lion KIng at AK. The food was blah, it was dry and tastless.

Some people seem to like it... But there's no denying that of the two dinner shows on property you'll get significantly more bad reviews of the Luau than the Hoop Dee Doo. I would say that you have a better chance of having a better time there instead.

Dinners are plentiful at WDW. Boma, Cape May Cafe, Garden Grill, Teppen Edo... I've even enjoyed CRT for dinner, but that seems to get mixed reviews as well. The best meal on property I can recall would be Narcoosses over at the grand. If you're looking to burn two DDP credits, you can't go wrong.

LandFan
07-10-2010, 03:14 PM
I thought it was a waste of money/time. Two hours I wish I had back. This was a number of years ago, but I won't take a chance again. The shot itself was a lame fashion show, excpet for the fire twirler, which I believe is the same guy that does the same thing over at Festival of the Lion KIng at AK. The food was blah, it was dry and tastless.

I agree! I would definitely do Hoop Dee Do over the Luau!! DisneyRox is right - there are many other places to choose from...

#1disneyfan
07-10-2010, 03:33 PM
We have eaten at all our your choices. We have done the Luau 2 times and enjoyed it both times. Regardless of what other posters have said, we really enjoyed the show. Something you may have to decide on for yourself if you like it or not. Whispering Canyon, food was good, but we got seated outside the main dining area and that was not a good spot. We missed all the fun action, and we had our DD with us so she was bummed. Chef Mickey's is great, however we have only ever eaten breakfast there. And Biergarten was good food and fun entertainment, however haven't eaten there in over 15 yrs!

Have a great time!

:mickey: