PDA

View Full Version : After "Retirement"--Working for Disney at Home?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Similar to another friend's post, but I'm looking at possibly retiring from teaching in a year. Still willing to work, but will have a granddaughter :princess: by then, and I would love to find something I could do to work at home--ideally for Disney! Do you know of any jobs I could do here as I keep her?

Strmchsr
07-09-2010, 05:29 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Disney does not have any "work from home" jobs. You could apply to work for Magical Journeys, which would let you do Disney vacation planning from home, but that's not the kind of job you can do while keeping a child. It pretty much keeps you hopping non-stop.

Tinksalot
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I know some of the hotel companies offer work at home jobs. I saw one for Hilton yesterday, but it wasn't located anywhere near me.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Disney does not have any "work from home" jobs. You could apply to work for Magical Journeys, which would let you do Disney vacation planning from home, but that's not the kind of job you can do while keeping a child. It pretty much keeps you hopping non-stop.

I was really wondering about MJ!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I know some of the hotel companies offer work at home jobs. I saw one for Hilton yesterday, but it wasn't located anywhere near me.

Hmmmmm, thanks. I have some exploring to do during the next year! By the way, I love your signature and your name--I'm going with "Tink" for my grandmother name! :high5::tink:

Strmchsr
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
I was really wondering about MJ!:mickey:

If you go to the MJ website they have a place where you can note your interest in working with them. You might contact one of the MJ ladies here on Intercot and discuss what you have in mind, though. As I mentioned before, from talking with Wendy and some of the others MJ doesn't seem to be well suited for someone having to watch a small child, but certainly you can chat with them and see if it's a possibility.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
If you go to the MJ website they have a place where you can note your interest in working with them. You might contact one of the MJ ladies here on Intercot and discuss what you have in mind, though. As I mentioned before, from talking with Wendy and some of the others MJ doesn't seem to be well suited for someone having to watch a small child, but certainly you can chat with them and see if it's a possibility.

:hug: