PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo or Tutto Italia Ristorante ??

madhatterrules
07-09-2010, 02:06 PM
I know I can count on all of you to help me decide on which to choose. We love Italian food but the menu I saw didn't have a lot of things I'd like on it. We also love Japanese food but we ahve a great local hibachi place and I'm wondering if the one in Epcot is really any different.

Anyone have any recent experiences at either one?

ginger19
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM
If you have children, the hibachi is great for entertaining them. If not, it's very similar to what you probably have locally. It's good, but not different than a local one.
I had a black squid ink liguini at Tutto Italia in October and it was excellent. The service was great and we had a quiet table which was nice as it's very open and loud there.

Disney4us2
07-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Teppan Edo:thumbsup: I have not been to Tutto Italia before so I can't comment on that one.

Teppan Edo was great. Last trip we had a party of 6 with 2 kids. They loved it, so did all the adults.

On our upcoming trip, my DD requested it again. This has become a must do for us now.

Michelle15
07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Teppan Edo!! All the way I love this place :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I love Teppan Edo, but it is almost identical to what you find locally. There's nothing unique about it other than everyone really is from Japan. That said, the food is excellent and the chefs are usually very entertaining.

Tutto Italia is a great place, but it's "real" Italian, not the Americanized version most folks are used to, so definitely scan the menu. I like it because it's nothing like what I can get at home, but some folks don't like "real" Italian food.

PETE FROM NYC
07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
We at at Teppan Edo last year and enjoyed it.
How authentic it is I cannot say because I am not Japanese.
Now on the other hand,I am of Italian heritage and there just ain't no Italian food on WDW property.

Disney Yankee
07-09-2010, 09:35 PM
We have eaten at both restaurants, but I think I enjoyed Teppan Edo better than Tutto Italia. I 'm Italian, and so is my husband, so we eat great Italian food all year. Teppan Edo is special because it's something different, and the whole experience is definitely entertaining!

lighteningqueen
07-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Both!!!!!

Teppon First then Tutto. We enjoyed both and were very pleased wit the wait staff. No, None of it is actually as good as home, but some of the best at Epcot or Disney...

Bethanymouse
07-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Last summer we ate at both Teppan Edo and Tutto Italia. Tutto was nothing special. I asked for artichokes to be taken out of the past dish before placing my order. I was informed that is impossible because it is premade. That kind of turned me off a bit. Dont get me wrong, I am not picky at all. I ordered the dish anyway. It was okay, nothing special. We wont be going back. We found the salad to be wilted and the food was medicore. We can get much better italian back in Jersey. We actually enjoyed the italian meal at Mama Melrose's much much better! My vote is for Teppan Edo. We are always pleased there!

LynBug
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I've never tried Teppan Edo, but I love Tutto Italia! Very nice atmosphere and delicious food. I had the lasagna, and it was the best I've had. Dessert was excellent also. I would definately recommend it :thumbsup:

madhatterrules
07-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Thank-you for the feedback so far, it's a difficult decision:eat:

garymacd
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Just to make your decision tougher, we love both, but I think I would lean more to Teppan Edo.

madhatterrules
07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Now with the opening of Napoli, we think we would really like the food there. What are the chances of getting a table? Are they only taking walk ups? Can you make a reservation at all?

We still have our ressie for Tutto Italia and aren't sure if we should cancel it and go for Teppan Edo or cancel it and hope for the new place.

Your Feedback is anxiously awaited:judge:

big blue and hairy
07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
We actually enjoyed the italian meal at Mama Melrose's much much better!:jaw:
You must have hit someone on a bad day.... I mean, I like Mamma Melrose's, mostly because it's cute, but there is no comparison between the quaity and authenticity of the food at MM and Tutto Italia. I much prefer it over both Teppan Edo and Mamma Melrose's.

:sulley:

JerseyDad
07-28-2010, 05:13 PM
....Teppan Edo...and its predecesor, Teppanyaki...have always had great food and service. When one of the hibachi tables wasn't getting hot (enough)....they re-seated us at a table that was all of 5 feet away....all while apologizing profusely...and then sent a round of drinks on the house.

...the food is actually a bit healthier than standard hibachi restaurants (Benihana, etc)..in that they focus more on vegetables...rather than making fried rice...and the have really great udon noodles.

....on consecutive years...we visited WDW and ate at Teppanyaki and then Teppan Edo after they renovated...and were lucky enough to get the same chef....a fellow named Masa....and he remembered us from the previous year.

jillluvsdisney
07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I love both!

exvagirl
07-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I was at TeppanEdo for my 12th birthday and absolutely LOVED it. Service was prompt, food was amazing, and the hibachi entertainment was great. Even though smaller groups may need to sit with other diners, you can choose to keep to yourselves, or meet your new best friends! Either way, TeppanEdo was a GREAT experience for my family and I...hope this helps!

Rebecca (:

Pocahontas
07-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Our family loved both places!

I do think Teppan Edo is more fun for children, but I do agree with other posts that it is very similar to what you could get at home. I've been to this resturant about 5 times and have never had a bad meal - actually it's always been great.

Tutto Italia was very good. Everyone in our party loved their meal. I have only been to this resturant one time, so I don't know if it's consistantly good.