PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Ticket Availability Question

diz_girl
07-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi there!

We are planning to go to Florida to see the next Space Shuttle launch, which is currently scheduled for November 1st. We plan to stay at WDW and just go to Titusville/Canaveral to watch the launch. We won't be making any reservations until the launch date is pretty firm, since NASA just changed it from mid-September.

We plan to get to WDW a day or two before the launch, so we would problably arrive on Saturday, October 30. DS3 will be coming with us and we don't want him to miss celebrating Halloween, so we'd like to take him to MNSSHP on either October 31st or November 1st. My question is, if the launch date doesn't change and we arrive at WDW on October 30th, what are the chances that tickets for MNSSHP would still be available within a month or two of the actual party for either of those dates ? TIA. :blackcat:

faline
07-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Hard to say. The party on the 31st often sells out though I'm not sure that it's been selling out a quickly as it used to. I'm not sure about sales for the 1st.

renecat
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
If you want to buy the day of you will be taking the chance that the tickets are sold out. But if your not sure of the dates I wouldn't spend the money. I'd just take my chances.

cajundisneyfreak
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
You could always take the child trick-or-treating at downtown disney.I hear the stores hand out candy on Halloween. :mickey:

BellesRose
07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
When I checked for tickets, they were already sold out. That was a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it was a mistake...but it wouldn't let me purchase tickets for Halloween night.

WhereIsTigger?
07-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I've been to MNSSHP several times and have bought day of and a couple weeks in advance. However, I've only done that up to the week before Halloween and try to go on Tues/Wednesday rather than Friday/Weekends. Two years ago I tried on Oct 29th and they were sold out for the 31st.

diz_girl
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
I just tried to order tickets (just to see availability, I won't actually purchase them yet) and the 31st is still available, as are all dates. We probably wouldn't make our reservations until 6-8 weeks before the scheduled launch. I'm hoping to do the party on the 31st, just because the launch is on the 31st. We won't stay until midnight, as DS is only 3, but maybe NLT 10 p.m., so he can at least see the parade and watch the fireworks.

But wow, the tickets are expensive. Adult tickets are $65 and children's are $59. I better remember to use my DVC discount when I order them. But it will be worth it if DS has to miss Halloween at home.

If they are sold out for the 31st, then we'll just trick or treat at DTD and then go to the party on the 1st. I just hope that we make it back from Canaveral in time for the party. The launch (if it goes on the 1st) is at 4:30, which gives us 2 1/2 hours afterwards to get back to WDW for the party. It actually takes 1/2 that time to get back to WDW, but the rest of the time might be spent in traffic getting out of Titusville.

I hope that the launch schedule doesn't change, now I'm really starting to get excited to go to the party.

Thanks everyone!

Darbylew
07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
We love MNSSHP. We have never been right on
Halloween. They have dates all during the
month of October. We already have our tickets
for the party on Oct. 8.
Have FUN! :mickey: