PDA

View Full Version : Question about Laugh Floor

crltkcagle
07-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I am a huge Monsters INc fan! Anything Mike Wazowski is right up my alley. So on our last trip upon exiting the Laugh Floor I was trying to snap some pictures of the big laugh canister and I got fussed at by a cm. Now I understand that you can't take pictures during the show but why not of the room after the show is over? More people were not waiting to come in beause it was the last show of the night. Plus I was walking and snapping. So why is it against the rules to take pictures of the actual room?

BrerGnat
07-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Probably because the CM was cranky, and since it was the last show, they wanted to get everyone out of there quickly to start "cleaning up".

What did the CM say? Was it along the lines of "move along please", or was it actually "you cannot take pictures in here"?

KAJUNKING
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
My question is why do you always have to break the rules?

crltkcagle
07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
She told me no pictures allowed. Kajunking I am pretty sure your wife (my best friend) is the one who taught me to break the rules. Lol

agravette
07-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I'd really like to know the answer to that question too! All I wanted was some pictures of the props after the show, and the CM was really ugly to me. What burned me even more was the fact that others around me were videotaping the entire show. Someone told me that unless Disney owned the rights to the props in the attraction, then we weren't allowed to take pictures. I thought they did but this person said Monsters Inc. was still owned strictly by Pixar. Go figure! Anyway, I just smiled politely and said Yes Ma'am to the CM. And took lots of pictures of the outside of the attraction instead!

crltkcagle
07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I am suprised they got to tape the entire show. I tried to do that a few years ago and was told to stop. That's how I knew better than to try and take pictures during the show. I thought monsters Inc was a Disney -Pixar entity. Hope someone knows the answer to this.

magicalmom
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Might be an intellectual property issue -

As a theater director, I specialize in operettas. The works themselves are out of copyright, but my companies and I are allowed to protect our production concepts and staging.

So Pixar may be protecting its images, or Disney may be protecting its attraction. Or both.

crltkcagle
07-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Oh that explains it better. But still why is it just the laugh floor? I was able to take pictures of the inside of Philharmagic, and The Muppets 3D show, even the inside of the tree of life with bugs.

Might be an intellectual property issue -

As a theater director, I specialize in operettas. The works themselves are out of copyright, but my companies and I are allowed to protect our production concepts and staging.

So Pixar may be protecting its images, or Disney may be protecting its attraction. Or both.

KAJUNKING
07-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I tried to do that a few years ago and was told to stop. That's how I knew better than to try and take pictures during the show.

Again, breaking the rules, I don't know why you keep trying to do this! Lol

Joannelet
07-10-2010, 09:18 AM
You really aren't allowed to take pics in any of the theaters.
I just think you were lucky in all the other theaters that you were able to take pics without being told not to. Maybe a cast member didn't see you or didn't bother to tell you.....
I do know however that in Disneyland Cali...the monsters inc ride I was allowed to take pics on the entire ride. So I don't think it has anything to do with who owns the rights...I just think the theater aspect makes photo opportunities mute.....

crltkcagle
07-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Again, breaking the rules, I don't know why you keep trying to do this! Lol
LOL!!! Oh shut it!