PDA

View Full Version : Epcot: Future World closes at 7pm?

r4kids
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
On several nights in Nov/Dec Epoct''s future world closes at 7pm when the rest of the world showcase doesn't close until 9:30pm. Why is this? Also Fantasmic is only two nights ....:confused: the whole week were there.

disneymom2000
07-09-2010, 10:31 AM
To my knowledge, Future World has always closed before World Showcase. I think that is because on normal days (not EMH), Future World opens at 9:00 and World Showcase opens at 11:00.

WDWfanatic742
07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Future World always closes two hours before World Showcase to encourage people to go and watch Illuminations. However, most rides stay open in Future World until the entire park closes. That includes:

Mission: SPACE
Soarin'
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Spaceship Earth

I think there might be one more that stay's open as well, maybe Captain EO during it's temporary run as well...

Strmchsr
07-09-2010, 11:13 AM
:ditto: to the above stuff about Future World. It's mostly just the shops and Innoventions that close at 7 and some of the less popular rides. The main stuff stays open for a while longer.

As for Fantasmic, WDW made that switch over a year ago to only show Fantasmic 1 or 2 nights per week. Just know that if you want to see it either do the dinner package or be prepared to get in line a couple of hours beforehand because the line gets really long really quick.

r4kids
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I didn;t think about the dinner package. I knew they switched to just a couple shows a week but I was under the impression it was only during slower times. I thought they did more shows during the busier times. As for Epcot I didn't remember if the rides stayed open longer so thanks for the info :) Can't wait to go!!