PDA

View Full Version : Summer Day Trips......Bowling Part 5

NJGIRL
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
We will be doing alot of day trips this summer so I thought I would post our experiences with everyone. Since many of us are watching our $$$$ I will post prices as well as personal experiences so everyone can decide for themselves whether the cost is worth it for them to make the trip.

Bowling

Now I know this isn't really a day trip, but it is a fun and inexpensive way to spend a couple of hours on a day that is either raining or as in our case a day that is 100 degress outside.

We were supposed to go to the Camden Aquarium but decided to hold off on that until it was cooler outside because we were also going to take the ferry across the water to Philly for lunch. I am so glad we changed plans because it was the day the Duck boat sank and I wouldn't have wanted my son to witness that. So very sad. :(

We decided to do something indoors to stay cool and bowling was a good choice. We paid $3 a piece for shoe rental and $3 per game per person. It cost us less than $25 for 3 games. You can't beat that price for a couple of hours of entainment for two people.

We had lunch there while we bowled. They offered pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, soft pretzels among other treats like ice cream and candy.

Many bowling alleys now have laser tag, pool tables, arcades and other actives to make a visit an all day thing.

After we paid for our games they gave us coupons to come back and bowl up to 10 games for $1.50 per game! Alot of places offer discounts during the summer months because most people don't think of bowling when it's nice outside. The place wasn't empty but we had no problem getting a lane, the crowds were low.

It was a fun day and I beat my son by 1 point!

Bethanymouse
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Bowling is always one of those activities you forget how fun it is until you play it again! A great way to spend some fun time with each other! Makes me want to get a group together soon!

PirateLover
07-10-2010, 09:54 AM
That is a good price! Where did you go bowling??

5togetherWDW
07-10-2010, 10:19 AM
We enjoy bowling occassionally, too. If you want to save even more - there is a "kids bowl free" program that is running once again this summer at a great number of bowling alley. I was told by our local alley about it and went to the website. To register for up to two free games per day for your children all you have to do is give basic contact info -- nothing worrysome. (Just search "kids bowl free" - it should come up.)
Each week they email coupons for free games. They do try to offer / convince you to buy a $25 family pass, but if you say no -- it works well.
Each alley determines the conditions, but for us it includes "kids" through age 17 years! You still pay for shoe rentals - but that's it :)

NJGIRL
07-11-2010, 07:53 AM
That is a good price! Where did you go bowling??

We went to a Brunswick Bowling Center in Turnersville. It's very nice in there. We had to travel a ways because our local bowling alley was burned to the ground in Jan by their competitor. :( You may have read about it since he was from Philly.

NJGIRL
07-11-2010, 07:56 AM
We enjoy bowling occassionally, too. If you want to save even more - there is a "kids bowl free" program that is running once again this summer at a great number of bowling alley. I was told by our local alley about it and went to the website. To register for up to two free games per day for your children all you have to do is give basic contact info -- nothing worrysome. (Just search "kids bowl free" - it should come up.)
Each week they email coupons for free games. They do try to offer / convince you to buy a $25 family pass, but if you say no -- it works well.
Each alley determines the conditions, but for us it includes "kids" through age 17 years! You still pay for shoe rentals - but that's it :)

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: Our local bowling alley always gave out free bowling cards (10 games for summer months only) to the kids before school let out but now they are waiting to rebuild.