PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

DisneyPrincess21
07-09-2010, 01:43 AM
We have all been there, you just got back from closing out the park, your tired, sweaty, sore & starving. But all the food courts at your resort are closed. I always found it odd that each resort didn't keep some kind of CS open after hours, you figure if your at EMH till 11 or later and you don't get back to your resort till close to midnight, what do you do for food when most places close up around 10 or 11.

Even if they didn't have an open CS, i know they would still make a killing if the offered a delivery service atleast. With stuff like sandwiches, cookies, snacks, drinks etc.

Really you are stuck with 3 options,
1) Leave the park early to make it back to your resort before the CS closes. (Which is just crazy :D )
2) Plan ahead and keep extra stuff in your fridge
3) Order from an off property restaurant that offers late night delivery. (Which can make you nervous when you aren't a local who knows what restaurants to stay away from)

So what do you do when you get the late night munchies after a long day at the parks?

Seasonscraps
07-09-2010, 05:48 AM
We usually have snacks in the room for late night munchies. You're right though, you'd think they would have something that guests could grab quickly, even if it's just a selection of beverages and snacks for sale near the front desk which is always going to have a staff member.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-09-2010, 06:41 AM
We bring snacks with us too :) Just for times like that.

I agree it would be great to have a 24-hour grab and go section.

Ms. Mode
07-09-2010, 06:52 AM
We grab something in the parks before we head back to the resort. :thumbsup:

LandFan
07-09-2010, 07:40 AM
We grab something in the parks before we head back to the resort. :thumbsup:

We do that too and also have snacks in the room. Typically we might also still have leftovers from a recent meal in the fridge....

With all the food at Disney, we are seldom THAT hungry except for maybe a few times when the EMH lasts until 3am at a park but then we really make sure to eat something in the park that night because we would never make it from dinner until 3am without something to eat anyway.

btharvey
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Snacks are with us both at the parks and in the room. We've done pizza once or twice, and while they usually vary, it is hard to really mess up a pizza. (it can be done, but they have to really work at it.)

disneymom15
07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
We usually catch something in the parks , sometimes we bring it back to the resort. We also keep snacks in the room.

SBETigg
07-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I usually stay where there's a 24 hour cs, so I haven't encountered this issue. It would definitely be a problem for my family, though. The kids, especially (who are now not kids, but an older teen and an adult) love to grab late night snacks. You could always use Disney transportation to a resort with a 24 hour CS and then cab back, I guess, if you were really needing something. There's the Dolphin, the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, and I'm not sure where else there's 24 hour CS, but there are a few.

Disney4us2
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM
My DD loves the cup of noodles where you add the hot water. I plan on bringing those with us as well as other mucnhie snacks.

Disney_Barbie
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
We're night owls & this used to be a huge issue for us! We've ordered pizza a few times very late at night, but like you said that can be hit or miss.
Now, we stay in DVC resorts, and oddly enough having more control over our food is one of the major pulls for us! Haveing a kitchenette & placing a grocery order in advnace gives us the ability to make our own late night snacks, and actually a lot of our meals (we've become pretty creative with the microwave cooking : nachos, rice&beans, baked poatoes, microwaved omlets, steamed veggies, pita pizzas, even pasta!) We still enjoy many property resturants, but this way we never feel forced to eat at a park or something if we don't want to, cause we always know we have the option of eating later in our room.

crltkcagle
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
We always bring a ton of food from home and snack when we get back to the room.

#1donaldfan
07-09-2010, 12:37 PM
We normally grab something at the park, however we do maintain an ample supply of snacks in the room...you just never know....!!!:blush:

ElenitaB
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
I've been known to make a stop at the Main St. Bake Shop or Boulangerie Patisserie on our way out of the park after Wishes or Illumninations to get something for breakfast the next day... except that those somethings don't always make it to breakfast. :blush:

MinnieMommie
07-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I always make sure we have enough snacks in the room to manage late night hunger or really to make sure there is food any time my family may get hungry and not want to leave the room to go out and pick something up. Now that all rooms have refrigerators you can keep things like cheese and sandwich meets in your room. If you bring rolls/bread you can make sandwiches. Chips, popcorn, nachos and cheese, fruit, snack bars, milk and cereal are but a few things that are easy to keep in your room.

If you are unable to bring food it is possible to have food delivered to your room and you can also pick up many of these items at some of the resort stores. Also, usually the QS resort venues have microwaves you can use after they close. Having access to a microwave will expand your options (like bring a few dried meals which are microwaveable some of which offer more health conscious options).

If you have time to stop for a CS meal later at night while in the park this too will help to tied you over. Like others have said you can also pick up some goodies on your way out of the park. Hope this helps. :mickey:

beksy
07-11-2010, 11:59 AM
We always get a few Mickey rice krispy treats on the first day for when the munchies hit and then seem to get more each day and stock up on the last day to have some for the plane and to "share" when we get home (actually we never seem to get to the sharing part!). At Christmas Mom fell in love with the gingerbread so we had a collection of it too! Then we use the CS and for one we get a soda that we share and the other we get a bottled water so that we always have water in the fridge. I'm looking forward to staying at the Poly with 24 hour CS! :cloud9:

PETE FROM NYC
07-11-2010, 04:49 PM
About 10 yrs ago ,we got in very late and evrything was closed except pizza delivery.
Against my better juydgement, we ordered 2 pies.
By far, the worst excuse for pizza in the world. Next time, I would rather go to bed hungry.

DizneyRox
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
We've done pizza once or twice, and while they usually vary, it is hard to really mess up a pizza. (it can be done, but they have to really work at it.)
Hard, but not impossible. Pizza and Florida should never come out in the same breath unless there are some choice words in there as well. This is another advantage for DVC as well, the kitchen is helpful.

This is a problem not only for park goers, but also folks arriving late. If it's late and your hungry, solve the problem BEFORE arriving at your resort.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-11-2010, 05:47 PM
About 10 yrs ago ,we got in very late and evrything was closed except pizza delivery.
Against my better juydgement, we ordered 2 pies.
By far, the worst excuse for pizza in the world. Next time, I would rather go to bed hungry.

We agree...living near Chicago we are spoiled by having places nearby that make excellent New York style or Chicago style pizzas.

That "words I can't use on Intercot" that they call pizza at WDW is beyond horrible. :ack:

HackLaSalle
07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Intercot has a lot of awesome info... are the 24 hour restaurants at resorts listed some where? I was unaware and I'm now excited cause I'm a midnight snacker.

dopeydude
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
We head to ESPN Club for wings & :beer: perfect ending to a perfect day

r4kids
07-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I've been known to make a stop at the Main St. Bake Shop or Boulangerie Patisserie on our way out of the park after Wishes or Illumninations to get something for breakfast the next day... except that those somethings don't always make it to breakfast. :blush:

MMMMMM us too! It's a must on each trip. That's what those snack credits are for!!