PDA

View Full Version : Question about Deluxe Dining plan and Room Service

laprana
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
For our next trip, we're considering purchasing the Deluxe Dining plan. We've always used the basic plan before, and it has always worked very well for us.

If we do get the Deluxe plan, one of the things we are thinking about doing is getting room service a couple times (we'll be staying at a DVC resort, right now we're booked at Kidani and hope to switch to BCV or BWV). My question really is about tipping. I've never done room service before, so I'm not sure what the standard tip is for that. Should we plan on 18-20% like at regular TS meals, or should we plan for a smaller amount around 10-15%? I'm leaning toward the smaller amount since the CM will just be delivering the food and not "waiting" on us like at a TS place. What do you recommend and/or what is the standard?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

equinoxman
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM
For our next trip, we're considering purchasing the Deluxe Dining plan. We've always used the basic plan before, and it has always worked very well for us.

If we do get the Deluxe plan, one of the things we are thinking about doing is getting room service a couple times (we'll be staying at a DVC resort, right now we're booked at Kidani and hope to switch to BCV or BWV). My question really is about tipping. I've never done room service before, so I'm not sure what the standard tip is for that. Should we plan on 18-20% like at regular TS meals, or should we plan for a smaller amount around 10-15%? I'm leaning toward the smaller amount since the CM will just be delivering the food and not "waiting" on us like at a TS place. What do you recommend and/or what is the standard?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Hi according to the deluxe dining plan brochure tips are included for room service. The thing is that room service is considered 2 dining credits, I would rather go to a Signature restaurant instead. Hope this helps.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010DeluxeDining.pdf