PDA

View Full Version : where to find a freezer?

lindkaye
07-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Hi - we will be staying at POR for approx 17 days in September - yea! Problem I have is I will need access to a working freezer. I have MS and will using a cooling vest that uses ice packs that can be refrozen. I will be using 1 set in vest while another set I will leave in freezer (hopefully). Do the fridges in the rooms have freezers? I cant remember. If they do and it doesnt freeze enough, any ideas on where else I could get these frozen? Also - at the parks - do you think the first aid stations would have access to one? I am really worried about getting overheated and going into an ms flare while on vacation. This was the only time of the year we could go so will have to make the best of it! :mickey: Thanks for your ideas!

Strmchsr
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
The first aid station in the parks can definitely help you. I understand your issue as we have to keep DS9's insulin cold.

We were at POFQ last month and I think there was a freezer. It's one of those dorm style fridges. I'm not 100% sure, though. Maybe someone else can tell you for sure.

Marymouse2003
07-08-2010, 11:14 AM
From what I recall, the fridges do have small, very small freezer compartement. About 3 inches by the width of the fridge, maybe 18 inches. this was fridge in a deluxe resort. Not sure if sizes vary from resort to resort. I'm sure someone may be able to help @ your resort. perhaps making a ph call will help. Good luck and enjoy!!:cloud9:

TammiMcMan
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM
You can call this number (407) 939-7807, it's a special reservation line for guests who need any type of medical assistance. They'll be able to tell you exactly what they have to offer in your resort room. It may be beyond the standard size fridge and if that's the case, they'll take care of being sure it's setup in your room for check-in.

PETE FROM NYC
07-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I need a freezer to keerp my med packs frozen for my insulin.
Last year at Pop, I requested a medical fridge. It did not have a freezer compartment. When I called front desk to complain, they said to bring my freezer packs to luggage services and they will put it in their freezer.
That worked , but was very inconvenient.
BTW,previous trip at AllStar Movies (2007),the medical fridge had a small freezer.

Dznygrl79
07-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I also need a medical freezer and ran into some of the same issues as others, I made my ressie and told them what I needed and specifically about the freezer (this was at POP by the way) and what I was using it for, I have something similar to your device but its for my lower back and thigh to help with sciatica. Well there was no way it was fitting in the tiny compartment of the medical fridge. I was offered use of a staff fridge and I could pick it up and drop it off at the begining and end of the day, a little bothersome because I have to strip to get mine off but better than nothing. I hope you find a better soulution!