PDA

View Full Version : How Much Time is enough Time in a park?

mommy2maddi
07-07-2010, 09:57 PM
DH and I are taking a Disney trip without the kids. We were going to get divorced, filed the papers and everything, but decided we don't want to live without each other. So we're taking a trip alone to celebrate being together again. We are leaving July 25 and coming home July 30th. What parks require more than a day in them and what parks can we zip through in less than a full day. We have park hoppers and were planning on going to the park with evening magic hours each day but not sure if that's a good plan or not....Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!:mickey::cloud9:

KylesMom
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Melissa, that really depends on what your "goals" are this trip. If this is a romantic getaway, I'd plan more time at Epcot than I would the other three parks; good dining, shopping and walking hand-in-hand meandering through the pavilions. I'd also make time to do a few nice dinners at the resorts. Stay out late, sleep in late & celebrate that you are together. While DH and my sentimental favorite is MK (think honeymoon for us), we'd probably miss DS too much to spend a whole lot of time there if it was just us two! Each of the parks, if you want to see the attractions & shows, take more than a day. But if you're just looking for highlights, AK & DHS could probaby be done in less than a day if you were of a mind to.

Evening EMH will be crowded when you're there, though. As long as you don't have a set agenda, you'll be all right. Otherwise, it might get frustrating if you have your minds set on hitting a lot of attractions. Catch the fireworks at the parks, and take your leisure without rushing around!

I hope you have a wonderful time enjoying your newfound togetherness! :wine:

disneymom2000
07-07-2010, 10:23 PM
WOW Hope this time together helps put it all back into perspective. Divorce is awful. Now as to how much time to spend in the parks depends on what you like to do. Animal Kingdom usually closes the earliest of all the parks so the day you do this park, make plans for a special dinner somewhere romantic to relax since this is pretty much a walking park (not too many rides or sit down shows). EPCOT usually takes a couple of days because you don't want to rush through the countries. The show in France is a must as it is so beautiful and you will feel happy seeing it with someone you love. Magic Kingdom usually is a two day park as well. It has lots of rides and shows and you wear out pretty quickly. Remember it is hot at the time you are going and people tend to lose tempers quicker so keep this in mind and don't get frustrated with each other and think staying together was a bad idea. Stop frequently to grab a drink and a pastry and talk about what you are seeing and what you are enjoying (especially what you are enjoying doing together) in WDW. Not sure where you are staying but if you get a chance to take one of the boats from the resort to Downtown Disney and back it is very relaxing and a nice way to end the day. Disney Studios is also pretty much a one day park. I usually split Animal Kingdom (morning) and Disney Studios (afternoon) in one day. Hope it all works out.:hug::magic:

DisneyLuver91
07-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Congrats on your decision! That is a WONDERFUL thing to hear these days. I wish you both the best and have a magical time!

plutosnana
07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
If you have alot on your plate for WDW like every ride then you might want to focus on one park for 2 days. But if you r aiming for certain rides you should focus on a park for the day.

CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm happy you and your husband are back together again! Enjoy your trip!
:tink::goofy:

SBETigg
07-08-2010, 09:14 AM
That is so sweet, congratulations. I would say that the AK and DHS don't take as much time. I could spend days in both Epcot and the MK. The EMH will help. We went for a short trip without kids and found that:

1) Getting up early and going to the park with morning EMH really helped- saw and did so much in those early hours.

2) The park with evening EMH the previous night was usually the least crowded the next day.

3) We loved going back to the room for some wine on the balcony and an afternoon nap on days we got up early for parks. It recharged us for some late afternoon/evening park time.

4) Evening EMH were great, but romantic late signature dinners were even better.

5) We couldn't get enough time at World Showcase. We really enjoyed it so much more with just the two of us and ended up spending a lot of time there.

Have a wonderful time!

Brooklynos
07-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Congrats!!! How wonderful to spend quality time and refresh yourselves in the most magical place!!!

We always take two days in each Magic Kingdom and Epcot but with five days its what you love most. Epcot is wonderful for taking time together and to me has the most variety.

Have a great trip and congratulations!!!

azcavalier
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
That's awesome!

My DW and I have been twice now without the kids, for about the same length of time as you are going to spend. I would echo a few sentiments already expressed:

1. Take advantage of EMH. Especially without kids, you can do so much in that little time, and not in the heat of the day.

2. Slow it down and relax. Afternoon naps, or just to relax a little at the resort really helps the evening be that much nicer.

That's it, really. I couldn't tell you how much is too much. Just wing it. But if you're hot, tired, and cranky, it's just not worth it. Time to relax.

Daisy'sMom
07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I am so happy that you and your DH are making it work. And what a wonderful place to celebrate your commitment. Life is hard, so take this time to forget everything except each other and what made you fall in love. Happy Disney!
:mickey:

crltkcagle
07-09-2010, 10:41 AM
If there is any place in the world that can put the magic back in your marriage its definetly Disney! If my husband and I were alone in Disney we would spend alot of time in Epcot going through the countries and sipping wine. I wish you two the best of luck and have a wonderful trip!