PDA

View Full Version : My favorite rides are down during my trip!!! UGHHH!!!

Mickey91
07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I just found out that Toy Story and One Man's Dream will be down during my entire trip this August! I already knew that Small World and the Liberty Boat would be down. Not to mention that I am missing MSEP by 6 lousy days! I can't figure out why Disney would close so many things at the same time! UGHH!!! If I wasn't inside my 45 days, I would cancel the trip! I am soooo bummed right now!:mad:

chefmickey3
07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I genuinely feel sad for you. You must feel so disappointed. Focus on the attractions that will be open and the fact that the crowds should be decreasing. It does seem like too many attractions down at the same time.

disneymom2000
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I see by your signature block that you go once or twice a year. Just consider this an opportunity to plan another visit when the refurbs are done. Just enjoy being in the world.:thumbsup:

faline
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
How disappointing! I just figure that I'll certainly need to miss a ride or two (or sometimes 3) that are on my favorites list regardless of when I go. As already noted, time to put those rides on your plan for your next trip!

DisneyLuver91
07-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm going the same time you are (43 days!!!) and I feel your pain. Stupid people shutting down our rides...

magicalmom
07-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Is there anything that made you say "Oh, I really must check this out sometime" ?

Maybe this is sometime - :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm so sorry! We had the TTA/Space Mountain down during our last trip, and it wasn't quite the same without our many TTA rides, while DH is on Space.

But, I'm glad Disney keeps things up, and it gives me an excuse for another trip.

Mickey91
07-08-2010, 12:23 AM
My biggest disappointment is Toy Story. I checked the list out before making our ressies to make sure it was still up. When I checked the park hours the other day, I couldn't believe it when I saw it would be down. Plus we have to sign up for vacation time in October for the following year and there isn't much chance to change it around once it is made. So, switching to a week sooner or later isn't an option or we would definitely be going to see MSEP! I know these rides don't seem to be the most exciting for most but Toy Story was actually one of the biggest reasons I just HAD to go this year. I totally love it!! And, Small World has been my fave since I was 2 and we already missed it a few times when it was down for a major refurb.

Yes, we will go again, but you have to think of this in terms of "what if four of the coasters were down at the same time?" That is how it feels for me. Thanks for letting me vent.

And yes, Disneylover91, we should sue!:thumbsup:

DisneyLuver91
07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
And yes, Disneylover91, we should sue!:thumbsup:

Haha, YES! I am mental anguish! :drama: Give me $300,000 and a free lifetime pass to all the parks!

TheVBs
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
So sorry! :( I would be really disappointed too.

darthmacho
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I understand, as we'll be in the same boat. We're actually missing MSEP by a mere one day. If I didn't have non-refundable plane tickets and everything else just about all set, I'd consider changing my plans. I'm with those that suggest you start planning yet another trip!

At least you find a way to get there frequently. It's been 7 years since our last trip! Who knows when the next one will be? Enjoy the many other things there will be to do on your trip. That's my plan. :mickey:

gollybass
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
It's always upsetting when rides are down, I know my girlfriend has never seen Small World after a couple of attempts, it always seems to be down. I'm hoping more won't be released for September!

plutosnana
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
UGH! Sorry! That <snip>

:goofy:

NewDVCowner
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
What a great excuse to try get to try something new!

It does <snip> that your favorites are down, but there's so much to do at WDW there are always things that get skipped over. Maybe you'll find a new favorite!

Mickey91
07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Haha, YES! I am mental anguish! :drama: Give me $300,000 and a free lifetime pass to all the parks!

And we get to stay in the Castle suite for our entire stay whenever we are at WDW!:mickey:

Mickey91
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
It's always upsetting when rides are down, I know my girlfriend has never seen Small World after a couple of attempts, it always seems to be down. I'm hoping more won't be released for September!

Unfortunately, Small World isn't planned to go up again until October! Sorry she will miss it yet again!:(

Mickey91
07-08-2010, 08:11 PM
What a great excuse to try get to try something new!

It does <snip> that your favorites are down, but there's so much to do at WDW there are always things that get skipped over. Maybe you'll find a new favorite!

Except that we go enough that there really isn't anything left we need to try. And yes, since we go often in the eyes of some, to us, it isn't near often enough!;)

I understand, as we'll be in the same boat. We're actually missing MSEP by a mere one day. If I didn't have non-refundable plane tickets and everything else just about all set, I'd consider changing my plans. I'm with those that suggest you start planning yet another trip!

At least you find a way to get there frequently. It's been 7 years since our last trip! Who knows when the next one will be? Enjoy the many other things there will be to do on your trip. That's my plan. :mickey:

We give up going other places and some luxuries in order to go every year. If I had my way, we would live in Orlando and I would be a cast member.:mickey:

There is always another trip planned! LOL!:D But our vacation schedule makes it difficult to plan around refurbs and special engagement parades.:(

I understand your dilemma with airline tickets. Though I wouldn't lose near as much money, I found out the day after I could change ressies with no fee that Toy Story was down. Plus we couldn't get a vacation any other time anyway. We will make the most of it but I will be very distraught over it.

dyin tago
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I may be missing something but I checked disney`s site and there is no mention of toy story being closed for refurb:mickey:

PopPhan
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I may be missing something but I checked disney`s site and there is no mention of toy story being closed for refurb:mickey:

Here is a list of closures:

Magic Kingdom

* Ariel's Grotto – closed permanently to make way for the Fantasyland Forest makeover.
* Pooh's Playful Spot – closed permanently to make way for the Fantasyland Forest makeover.
* Scuttle's Landing – closed permanently to make way for the Fantasyland Forest makeover.
* it's a small world – closed for refurbishment August 1 through October 22.
* Liberty Square Riverboat – closed for refurbishment August 16 through August 25.

Epcot

* Cantina de San Angel – closed for major renovation, tentatively set to re-open September 24 as Hacienda de San Angel. Taqueria Del Lago remains open.
* Via Napoli – new pizzeria under construction, tentatively set to open September 24.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

* Star Tours – closed for refurbishment beginning September 8.
* Toy Story Mania – closed for refurbishment August 16 through August 28.
* One Man's Dream – closed for refurbishment August 16 through November 2.

Animal Kingdom

* Flame Tree Barbeque – closed August 9 through September 19.

Resorts

* Saratoga Springs Resort – Paddock quiet pool closed for conversion to new feature pool opening in 2011.

Water Parks

* Typhoon Lagoon – closed November 1 through January 8, 2011 for refurbishment.

Elsewhere

* Lake Buena Vista Golf Course – closed Mondays only June 21 through July 26 for refurbishment.
* Magnolia Golf Course – closed Wednesdays only June 23 through July 28 for refurbishment.
* Palm Golf Course – closed Tuesdays only June 22 through July 27 for refurbishment.
* Osprey Ridge Golf Course – closed Thursdays only June 24 through July 29 for refurbishment.
* Cirque du Soleil La Nouba – performs Tuesdays through Saturdays.
* McDonald's at Downtown Disney – closed permanently; the location is being converted to Pollo Campero, opening this fall.

Melanie
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Folks, please remember that we are very family-friendly here at INTERCOT, and 'language' is not allowed. We appreciate you refraining from using words you wouldn't want your young children to repeat. We have lots of young ones here who read with their parents. :mickey:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

kathiep
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
We are going at the same time as well. I've made my peace with no small world but am still upset by Toy Story Mania. I've been all worked up since seeing the movie.

Oh - and the Liberty Boat - I've never done that before and that was going to be my need attraction to try this year.:(

ILoveMickey'77
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
During the Keys to the Kingdom tour back in April, the Cast Member mentioned that Disney is getting ready for it's 40th anniversary next year. It doesn't really surprise me that there are so many refurbs right now to get ready for this. That's also why there are so many scrims around MK.

Although, it would make me mad if I were there and they closed TSM. It hasn't been opened very long and they are already changing it to add Toy Story 3 characters.

joanna71985
07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Although, it would make me mad if I were there and they closed TSM. It hasn't been opened very long and they are already changing it to add Toy Story 3 characters.

That change has happened already (and it wasn't to the whole ride- just one game was changed, and characters were also added to the final scene). The refurb is for something else

ILoveMickey'77
07-09-2010, 11:39 PM
That change has happened already (and it wasn't to the whole ride- just one game was changed, and characters were also added to the final scene). The refurb is for something else

I had thought that they had done that already, but I haven't heard any rumors of new changes and we didn't make it during our trip last week. Maybe they are going to fix the guns that don't work and clean the germs off the sticky guns :D

i'm grumpy
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Bummer! RNR is my fave so of course it was down. Have only ridden it once since 2005. Didn't get to ride Everest at all. TSM only once due to long lines.

SBETigg
07-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm with you on the disappointment. I'm not really bummed about Small World, but I wanted my kids to be able to experience Toy Story Mania, and it might be our last family trip (maybe not, but one is in college, and the other is headed there, and how much longer will they always be with us?) So, yes, very unfortunate timing. But there's still plenty of fun to be had.

SBETigg
07-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I had thought that they had done that already, but I haven't heard any rumors of new changes and we didn't make it during our trip last week. Maybe they are going to fix the guns that don't work and clean the germs off the sticky guns :D

They're fixing the queue-- installing safety railings, or something like that. I've heard what it is, but I don't recall exactly except that it involves fixing a construction issue in the queue that is necessary.

Bellerella
07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Oh man, Flame Tree BBQ will be closed too?? This is not good news!! i was so looking forward to that key lime pie... which is like one of my fave desserts at WDW. :cry:

Mickey91
07-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh man, Flame Tree BBQ will be closed too?? This is not good news!! i was so looking forward to that key lime pie... which is like one of my fave desserts at WDW. :cry:
You might want to give the picnic in the park a try. We saw it on another website and it looked really good. I'll tell ya more about it if ya want to PM me.:mickey:

Mickey91
07-16-2010, 12:21 AM
They're fixing the queue-- installing safety railings, or something like that. I've heard what it is, but I don't recall exactly except that it involves fixing a construction issue in the queue that is necessary.

So maybe I'll just ask nice and they will let me in the back door and let me ride anyway!! LOL! :mickey:

klb
07-16-2010, 07:01 PM
We were pretty bummed to hear iasw would be down when we were going (it's my son's favorite). He just wouldn't understand why he wouldn't be able to ride it. So we've rescheduled for later in the year :mickey:.

Unfortunately the rehab was announced right after I paid the nonrefundable registration fee for the wine and dine half marathon. Oh well...

Snickerdoodle
07-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately, this happens to all of us at one time or another...but you'll still have a great time.:mickey: