PDA

View Full Version : Universal 1 day park hopper

EpcotFanatic
07-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Last time I went to Universal was when IOA first opened up, so it's been a while.

My Disney trip is already booked for late September. Is there enough time in the day to see all the good stuff between these 2 parks?

Or should I opt for the Express Plus and make the most of the day?

deedeenmickey
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
We have done everything WE WANTED to do in both parks in one day but we really hit it hard. If I were going to try this and I wanted to do Harry Potter I would be there at park opening and go to HP right away! I don't think you'll have a problem with everything else especially in September. The Express pass doesn't look like a bad idea though. If money wasn't that big of an issue I think I would buy it just in case, as much as I hate the idea of the Express pass! It looks like it is $25.99 almost everyday in September.

EpcotFanatic
07-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Well I really want to visit Universal.

But I'd feel guilty not paying the extra money just to shoot on over to IOA and hit their best rides.

Forbidden Journey looks cool, but Harry Potter just isn't my thing. I'd still go on the ride, but that's about it for me in WWOHP.

I'd most likely hit the big rides in IOA, and spend the rest of the day at US.

NJGIRL
07-08-2010, 08:00 AM
I have been to Universal many times (during Oct) and in my opinion you can't really do both parks in one day. We always take at least two days and still don't get to everything and that wasn't with throwing HP land into the mix.

If you have never been to Universal I would say to take at least two days to do the parks or if you are only doing one day then choose only one park.

BowTie7
07-08-2010, 07:15 PM
In the past it was possible to do the highlights of both parks on a slow fall weekday. Harry Potter does complicate this if you are not staying on-site. Guests at the 3 Universal hotels get in an hour early, so by the time the park opens to the general public there may already be a line to get into that section of the park and certainly a line for the bid ride.