PDA

View Full Version : Dec 3rd-MK or Other Park?

Rekenna
07-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey guys! We are going down for our first B-Day/Christmas Party Celebration and I believe the Christmas parade is being taped during the tail end of our trip.

So...what about Dec 3rd? This is the Friday before the parade taping. Is it safe to go to MK or should we do another park? This is our last park day and I really want to spend it at MK, but if you guys think it will be too crazy please let me know and we will make plans for AK.

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

diz_girl
07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
When we were there in 2008, they taped on that Friday too, so we avoided the MK. They might not tape the parade that day, but they might tape the special performers, which can cause congestion and crowds in the areas where they are taping, usually Main Street and the hub in front of the castle.

disneymom15
07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
We were there last year, the Friday before the parade taping. I don't remember there being any real impact on the crowds. We did notice that the areas by the castle were partitioned off and at times we did have to wind our way around it. Nothing to bad to keep me away thou.

Strmchsr
07-07-2010, 03:43 PM
In general on Friday they tape the music acts in front of the castle. That drives crowds up, but it doesn't make MK quite as crazy as the Saturday and Sunday crowds.

Rekenna
07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks guys!:mickey:

Scrappy2
07-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Ok..I'm starting to panic. We have a Dec. 1-5 "No Kids" trip planned to see the World decorated at Christmas. I have always gone duing summer or spring break and also very crowded. I'm trying to avoid crowds this year. What are the dates for taping of the parades?

Thanks!

Rekenna
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi! I believe the tapings are on Sat and Sun, so Dec 4 & 5. No need to panic though you can go to other parks those days than MK. From what I have read here at Intercot it seems the actuals craziness is around Main Street up to the Castle where they are taping.

Someone better versed than me could tell you if this will effect ride times.:mickey: