PDA

View Full Version : CBR standard room locations

Disney4us2
07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
What is the best standard room location that is short walking distance to the pool/food court?

Is it worth getting a preferred room?
TIA

CleveRocks
07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
If you really want to minimize your walking, then getting a preferred location room is worth every penny.

If you don't want to splurge, here are the 3 non-preferred location buildings that are the closest to Old Port Royale (in alphabetical order, because they are literally exactly the same distance):

Aruba 51
Jamaica 45
Martinique 22

minnie-mouse
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Jamaica and Aruba are like a 3 minute walk over the bridge to OPR. My 3 year old did it no problem when we stayed there.

Disney4us2
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Jamaica and Aruba are like a 3 minute walk over the bridge to OPR. My 3 year old did it no problem when we stayed there.

Wow... that's it... That doesn't sound bad at all. I may be able to do it faster with a scooter;)

CleveRocks
07-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Jamaica and Aruba are like a 3 minute walk over the bridge to OPR. My 3 year old did it no problem when we stayed there.well, it's a little more complicated than that.

The Jamaica building closest to Old Port Royale, Jamaica 45, is for sure as close as you can get to OPR without booking a preferred location room. HOWEVER, Jamaica 41 is pretty darn far from OPR ... in fact, Jamaica 41 is the FARTHEST standard building from OPR in all of CBR.

It's exactly the same with Jamaica's mirror-image twin, Aruba. Aruba 51 is as close as you can get to OPR without booking a preferred location room. But Aruba 54 and 56 are just about as far away from OPR as is Jamaica 41.

If you were to get the walking time from each of Jamaica's 6 buildings and average it, that average walking time would be the longest of all the standard villages/buildings. Well, Aruba would be the same as Jamaica, in last place.

And this is why it's complicated. If you get a room in Jamaica, you could be in the closest standard building to OPR, or you could be in the farthest away standard building from OPR. Same witrh Aruba.

If you get a room in Barbados, you have NO CHANCE of getting as room closer to OPR than Jamaica's closest room. But if you get a room in Barbados, you also have NO CHANCE of getting a room as far from OPR as Jamaica's farthest room.

Long story short, it's a roll of the dice. It's not accurate to talk about the entire Jamaica village as a short walk to OPR.