PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Farewell?

FiggyFan
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
I know Star Tours is going to be closing for refurbishment. What I don't know is the timing, and any details of the "Farewell to Endor" event coming up in August. First off, is that event in Florida or California? I'm thinking California, because the WDW calendar for August does not show an early closing of the Studios on that day.

Does anyone have the full story?

DDuck66
07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I do know the event is in Orlando. It is part of a huge Starwars convention in August. Tickets can be found on the Walt Disney World Ticket page. I have not heard of the actual date for the closing but expect it sometime soon after. Hate it, but it really does need a makeover.
Here is the realease from WDW on their hard ticket page.

Last Tour to Endor at Disney's Hollywood Studios™ is a first-of-its-kind entertainment experience so incredible that not even the Rebel's Bothan spies have been able to steal the top-secret plans! The event gives longtime fans a chance to make one last flight to Endor before Star Tours "powers down" to make way for its new re-imagining in 2011. The evening culminates with Symphony in the Stars, a Star Wars fireworks spectacular as only Disney can create. So put on your favorite Star Wars costume and join your fellow fans for the ultimate Star Wars party during the ultimate Star Wars event — Star Wars Celebration V!

Last Tour to Endor: Saturday, August 14, 2010. 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM Eastern. Entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios™ opens to Event Guests at 4:00 PM Eastern. Round Trip transportation to/from Orange County Convention Center and Disney's Hollywood Studios™ is included in the event ticket price.

The number of tickets available is limited. Events often sell out early. Tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Entertainment and event components subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ticket types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Looking for additional Theme Park Ticket options? Select from the Browse Available Tickets drop down at the top of this page to purchase other special Meeting/Convention Theme Park tickets

FiggyFan
07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks - that clears things up.

I had seen the 4:00 entrance time for the event and the 7:00 park closing time and that did not make sense. Now I know that they are just letting people in early before the 8:00 event.

kakn7294
07-07-2010, 08:59 PM
This is our last full day at WDW. We thought about going but at $75 per person, it's rather pricey. Sounds like a lot of fun though.

disneymom2000
07-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow No more Star Tours. :sob: I remember on our first trip to WDW this was the only ride we could get my daughter to ride. She was 7. There was no crowds and we got to ride it three times consecutively. It was pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what is in store next for this area.

kakn7294
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow No more Star Tours. :sob: I remember on our first trip to WDW this was the only ride we could get my daughter to ride. She was 7. There was no crowds and we got to ride it three times consecutively. It was pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what is in store next for this area.It's still going to be Star Tours but with an updated new movie that no longer takes you to Endor. As far as I know, no opening date has been set but it's hoped that it will be open in time for Star Wars Weekends 2011.

mrmcgiv
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Not sure if we should avoid DHS that day or go there?? We will NOT be getting the tix for the night event, so it is probably best to avoid that park due to all of the people with tickets for the night getting 4:00 entry???

Will there be anything special going on at DHS that day prior to the event?

Dracula766
07-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Star Tours will be closed Sept 8 - May 20, just in time for SWW 2010.

I am considering paying the 75 beans to attend The Last Tour to Endor party mainly for the photo ops with the characters, the fireworks and any event-only merch that may be available.

only 3 more weeks til I'm at WDW!!!! :D