PDA

View Full Version : Christmas day resort meal??

pokci
07-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Has anyone ever eaten the Christmas day meal at Captain's Grille? I know GF has choirs and such, what goes on around Crescent Lake and that 5 resort area on Christmas day? My vacation is in early December. But for Christmas, I'll be visiting family in that area and want to take them out for a nice, holiday meal at a resort. WDW Dine reports that Artist Pointe won't be hosting a Christmas meal - and they are hideously expensive. I'm not sure four adults want the noisiness of Whispering Canyon. So I've tentatively booked Captain's Grille but am looking for feedback, reviews and ideas.

Thanks!!

7165red
07-12-2010, 05:36 PM
We are all adults and really enjoy WC on xmas day. They usually sit us in the annex and it's really quite nice and we enjoy their xmas platter. It is served family style and you can have as much as you want. The WL is so beautiful at xmas. You might like the GF Cafe for xmas dinner. The GF again is out of this world at xmas. We are eating there on xmas eve. Look at www.allears.net for menu & prices. GFC is reasonable compared to other restaurants at the GF. They started taking ADR on June 28 - 180 days out. So hurry up, and good luck.

pokci
07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
thanks. question - was the whispering canyon loud? I've never eaten there but understand that it's a "show" type meal with the servers acting out like they do at 50s Prime time. My family would prefer a quiet, well, at least non rushed, non bothered meal.