PDA

View Full Version : Our Dining trip Report

btown
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
We just came back from Disney (June 24-July 2)and I thought I would share our dining experiences.....

O'Hana Dinner, was FANTASTIC! From Salad, to appetizers to main course. You def. get your moneys worth! Don't miss it!

Sci Fi Drive in Lunch, milkshake counts as a beverage, AWESOME! ... plus you get dessert. def. another great one. Rueben was good! Great escape from afternoon heat.

TRex.... called restaurant directly in am for lunch ressies no problem! Not cheap but good! Chicken Quesadilla and shrimp grilled platter, great!

California Grill..... sat right at windows for dinner at 730 and saw fireworks at 10:00.. my kids were in heaven. My 11 yr old son had $ 44 steak (on dining plan) and said mom that was a rip off. Flatbread kids loved! Calif Roll great. Filet was ok... nothing special. View priceless!

Chef Mickeys Dinner..... great as usual. Fresh food, yummy! PLenty of characters!

Garden Grill Dinner... 4pm 1st seating. Great! menu changed, no more catfish! Sad... fresher and healthier! Was delicious! Many character greatings again! Stomach full again!

Crystal Palace Lunch... perfect. So many nice cold salads to choose from on a 95 degree day. Banana bread pudding, yummy! Nice and relaxed, plenty of characters. Def. would do lunch again instead of dinner!

Wishes Dessert party.... tons of mini desserts to choose from. No ice cream. Milk, coffee, iced tea etc. Fruit too. Great seats for fireworks, so worth it. Just don't have a buffet dinner a few hours before hand. Go hungry. Nice experience if you wnat to see fireworks w/o crowds!

Boma Dinner... we were out of sit down credits and on our last gniht, I was done w/ eating African type dishes. (Ate at Mara for lunch or dinner often) I did not think worth the price $ 125 for 2 adults, 1 child. (Including tip)

Hope this helps. can't wait for our next trip..., maybe cruise 2011!!!

Becky

cer
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Thank you for the report!

SBETigg
07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Glad you enjoyed so many of them!

LandFan
07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
no more catfish?? Uh oh, DH isn't going to like that!!!

moe513
07-09-2010, 10:06 AM
great info

Pocahontas
07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Did I understand correctly? When you had dinner at California Grill, you were seated at 7:30 and still sitting there to watch the fireworks at 10:00 or did you mean you were done in time to leave and go watch the fireworks? That just sounded like such a long time to be there for dinner.

Thanks for the reviews. I really enjoyed reading them. :mickey:

disneymom2000
07-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Wow sounds like you really enjoyed your trip this time or at least you have that Disney outlook and know how to really get into your vacation. Thanks for the update.