PDA

View Full Version : Credit ? on Deluxe Dining Plan

Disnamic Duo
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm helping someone plan dining reservations for their upcoming trip. The've purchased the deluxe DDP, which we've never done, and I have a couple questions for you experts.

1. Am I reading this right? On the deluxe DDP do they get 3 table service credits per person, per day? (Plus snacks...)

2. If that's the case, I'm thinking they may want to "double up" a lot and use the credits for signiture dining restaurants.

3. They're staying at the Grand Floridian, consierge. Is the food in the lounge good enough to replace a meal (breakfast or lunch) if they do use 2 credits for each dinner?

4. I was going to recommend they do an afternoon tea one day in the Garden View Lounge. I also noticed that tea is served in the concierge lounge. Are these essentially the same, or should they do the Garden View tea?

Thanks for the help!

renecat
07-06-2010, 01:49 PM
We did Deluxe DP last Sept. and it was more food then we could eat. This year we are doing it with several signature resturant. We are doing a later breakfast or earlier lunch on the day we are using 2TS for signatures. They should be able to sure the lounge and the food they put out to suppliment if they find two meals are not enought. Also remember with deluxe you get two snacks per day. As far as the tea is concerned we have never done it so I can't speak to this.

SBETigg
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
1) Yes, Deluxe DP is three TS or CS meals per day, plus two snacks, per person.

2)This works out well with signature meals, which use two of the three credits per day and cuts down on the time you're actually sitting and dining. But it's still a lot of food, considering that signature meals offer a lot of rich food and deluxe dining has app/entree/dessert. Sure we eat three meals at home, but two meals at Disney is more like three meals and then some with portion sizes and three courses. Trying to fit it in three a day when you're not doing signature meals is almost torture. And then you're walking around parks full all the time and it cuts down on what you can accomplish.

3) Concierge and deluxe dining is really quite a bit to handle. There is food in the lounge, sometimes enough for a large snack/light meal, and they probably won't make the most of the Deluxe Dining as a result, or won't enjoy the full benefit of the lounge with all the dining they're doing/time that takes up. I would strongly recommend doing regular dining plan with concierge or dropping from concierge to maybe an MK view regular room. Even with the regular dining plan plus the benefit of concierge food, it's a welcome change to have a few days off from heavy food and ADRs and just eat light in the lounge, for the days when they might do signature meals which take more credits.

4) Afternoon tea in the Garden View Lounge is not the same as tea in the concierge lounge, but again, with all the food offerings in the concierge lounge plus deluxe dining, it's another meal they really don't need to try to fit in.

Disnamic Duo
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the help. I've recommended they do signature restaurants for dinners, use their other credit for breakfast OR lunch and use the concierge lounge or snack credits if they get hungry in between.