PDA

View Full Version : Last Airbender

DisneyDog
07-06-2010, 10:01 AM
We saw this movie yesterday. It has been getting really bad reviews, but we loved it, and everyone that I've spoken to who's seen it has loved it. Hopefully, he will be making the next two movies, because they left it in a serious cliffhanger. I liked most of the casting, although I'm not sure Dev Patel was right for Prince Zuko. He doesn't seen mysterious or brooding enough. I thought it was a beautiful movie and loved watching the water bending.

Did anyone else see this movie, and what did you think?

Kathy Jetson
07-07-2010, 01:04 AM
I saw it Tuesday I liked it alot I didn't want it to end!

indytraveler
07-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I saw it with my DS 10 over the weekend. Knew nothing of the plot or any of the stories surrounding this movie. I didn't know there is a cartoon called Avatar: The Last Airbender airing on some cartoon channel. Would've helped knowing this going in because it took awhile to figure out what was going on.

Once I got into the movie it was very predictable and the acting wasn't the best. No Oscar worthy performances here. Special effects maybe, acting NO. I'd give this movie a C+ for overall grade.

Having said that, they need to make the other movies, However many they need to make just as long as it gets done. I hate cliffhanger type movies where they try to get your money 2-3 more times from you. I'd rather watch a sequel b/c at least that is a stand alone movie with the same (sometimes) cast members.

DisneyDog
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
The tv series is divided up into books and chapters. The books center around the elements Aang needs to master. This first movie was about Water. He had already mastered his birth element, Air. Now he needs to master Earth and then Fire. The tv series is complete, so if you watch it, you will know what will happen. The tv series is a bit lighter with a great sense of humor. It's American in the anime style, so it has a very American sense of humor. In the tv show, the character of Sokka is very, very funny.

plutosnana
07-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I never watch it.
i think its dumb.
The fact that a kid can control water and bend air!!!

Doesn't appeal to me.

:goofy:

joanna71985
07-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the movie

DisneyDog
07-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Plutosnana, it's called Suspension of Disbelief. Not everything that happens in the movies can actually happen. Do you think Harry Potter is dumb because there is not actually a Hogwarts and we aren't called Muggles? Is Star Wars dumb because there are no light sabers in real life? Is Disney's Cars dumb because cars don't actually talk? Cinderella because there are no fairy godmothers? How can you be a fan of anything Disney if you only believe in reality? It's a movie. Use your imagination and enjoy.