PDA

View Full Version : rates, where to stay, Jan discounts

EvilQueensRock
07-06-2010, 08:15 AM
:search::search:One Stop Shopping!
It's been 4 very long years since we've been to WDW. I'm anticipating a trip in January 2011. Since I haven't had to plan a real trip in a few years, I've been obsessing for the past three days and will continue to do so until the 2011 rates are released.
Soooo - here are my questions - and yes, I'm aware Magical Journeys can probably take over for my travel planning, but I actually enjoy obsessing over this...

1.) 2011 rates are released in early August, correct?
2.) Will the 2011 Dining plan options be available at the same time the rates are released? (BTW, I think it is insane to charge adult prices for a 10 year old on the DDP, but whatever.)
3.) Been playing on disney.com, trying to guesstimate how much this week will run me, full price. It looks like we can stay at a moderate resort, although I'm not opposed to a value, and would LOVE to go Deluxe as I am a "hotel snob" LOL but I'm pretty sure we can't afford Deluxe this trip. I will be travelling with my 10 year old DD and myself. DH may or may not be flying down to join us on his days off. My DD wants to stay at Carribbean Beach but the most recent reviews on trip advisor and a couple other sites really kind of tanked the room quality. I'm leaning toward either Coronado Springs or Pop Century. We will be spending some time at the hotel. Beds/sleep quality is an important factor. What's the opinions on these two resorts?
Lastly, what historically are the pkgs offered in January, and when are those typically released to the public?
Thanks guys and gals! Sorry I'm so long-winded but I overplan so as soon as I'm on the ME I'm on vacation and I don't have to think again for a whole week!
Andrea:party:

Strmchsr
07-06-2010, 09:18 AM
1.) Correct. Sometimes even late July.
2.) Not always. Though they usually release the prices for the DDP they don't always release any changes. In fact, sometimes it's December before all of that is finalized.
3.) If beds are important then CS would be your best choice as they have queen size beds. Pop is nice, but it's just like any other value. I like all the values and have no problem with them, but the beds at the moderates are definitely nicer.
4.) Check the historic discount page in Info Central. They've done a variety of discounts in January. There's not one set thing like "free" dining in the fall has been the last few years. So, no way of knowing what they'll release for this January. I strongly suggest working with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com). They'll make sure you get the absolute best deal.