PDA

View Full Version : Walking distance from BCV and BWV to EPCOT

chefmickey3
07-06-2010, 08:01 AM
I was wondering what the real time walking distance was from BCV and BWV to EPCOT? What is the boat time like - from room to EPCOT gate? I know the time will vary depending on the room location so either your experiences or the average. Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
07-06-2010, 08:04 AM
From the room to the International Gateway, it might be a 10 minute walk. The incredible walk sold me on the Boardwalk, and we ended up buying DVC there. Just fantastic.

The boat ride takes a bit longer (it has the three hotels to stop at), but I would take the boat if it was there waiting.

Maleficent's Dad
07-06-2010, 09:00 AM
You ask for averages...

The Beach Club is easy - no matter what the room location, you can be in the park in less than 10 minutes; you're very close to the International Gateway.

The Boardwalk is quite a bit different. The quickest you could make it from room to room is closer to 15 minutes. If you're room at the BWV is at the far end of the resort (and thus closer to DHS), your room to room walk could be 20 minutes (with 5+ of those minutes in air conditioning!).

Boat time - from the Boardwalk, if the boat is at the dock, it's probably quicker (only if it's at the dock, ready to go). You go from the Boardwalk directly to Epcot.
From the Beach Club, you'd have to walk just as far (if not further) to the boat dock as you would from the International Gateway, and then you'd have to ride across to the Boardwalk before hitting Epcot - in other words, the boat to Epcot from the BC is not a practical means of transportation.

DVC2004
07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Franks' assessment it right on- it can be quite a walk from the BW depending on where you are. BC is prett quick as everyone mentioned.

I think the boat is best for HS. You often hae to wait and it stops at several resorts so not worth the time for Epcot.

Plex
07-06-2010, 02:49 PM
BCV is definitely closer to Epcot, however, BWV gets you a bit closer to DS. Both are walking distance and generally not that long of a walk either way.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I am no expert, but I just wanted to say that during my recent stay at the Contemporary, I was more impressed by the closeness of the Beach Club to Epcot than I was the Contemporary to Magic Kingdom, that's how close the Beach Club was. I even think Beach Club guests could walk to Epcot to eat a meal faster than most other resort's guests could walk to their own food court.

And while I am at it, I think that the only resort in that area to have any walk-to-a-park benefit is Beach Club. I walked from DHS to Epcot, and I was exhausted from that long, no-shade walk. I was hurting for TWO solid weeks it was so bad, and I am normally a park commando, so walking doesn't usually bother me. IMHO, you can't realistically walk, in order to save time, to DHS from ANY resort, and can only save time when walking to Epcot from the Beach Club.

I was really disappointed in the walk to DHS after reading such high praise about it on Intercot. I left the boat dock 10 seconds after that boat left the dock at DHS, and the boat stayed so far ahead of my walking that I lost sight of it, DESPITE the boat's frequent stops at different resorts.

Just my two cents....

buzznwoodysmom
07-06-2010, 04:42 PM
I even think Beach Club guests could walk to Epcot to eat a meal faster than most other resort's guests could walk to their own food court.

I laughed when I read this. We stayed at BCV in Nov. and the walk back to our room was 10 minutes or less. This was walking back from either dinner in World Showcase or after Illuminations. In June we stayed in a pirate room at CBR and the walk to the food court was probably over 10 minutes. I'd never thought of it that way, but your completely right BCV is that close to Epcot!

Scar
07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
And while I am at it, I think that the only resort in that area to have any walk-to-a-park benefit is Beach Club. I walked from DHS to Epcot, and I was exhausted from that long, no-shade walk. I was hurting for TWO solid weeks it was so bad, and I am normally a park commando, so walking doesn't usually bother me. IMHO, you can't realistically walk, in order to save time, to DHS from ANY resort, and can only save time when walking to Epcot from the Beach Club.Well for me, I couldn't disagree more. My last two stays were at The Dolphin, probably the farthest of all the Epcot area resorts from the parks, and unless the boat was right there ready to leave, walking was always faster, to both Epcot and DHS every time.

Jeffybob
07-18-2010, 09:08 PM
From the Boardwalk Villas, it depends on where your room is located.

If you are staying in rooms to the front of the resort, meaning on the parking lot, tennis courts, or even the rooms facing the pool, you need to get to the elevators and those walks can take awhile.

If you are staying in rooms overlooking the Boardwalk you can go down the stairwell near the center courtyard which put you out at the ATM on the side of the Screendoor Store, avoiding the lobby.

Not sure about from the Beach Club as I have never stayed there.

Using the peddle cart rentals as a starting point, however, 7-10 min. max until you arrive at the International Gateway to EPCOT/World
Showcase. That is always our option of choice.

With regards to the boat ride to EPCOT, skip it unless you have time to kill.

Taking the boats to the HS from the Boardwalk ... we beat the boats walking everytime. That walk is approx. 20 min depending on how fast you walk and where you exit the BWV ... longer of course if you are staying at the Beach Club since you are on the other side of Crescent Lake.

Hope this helps.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV