PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin

MonoMan
07-05-2010, 06:05 PM
We are seriously considering giving the Swan and Dolphin a try for our next trip. In the past we've stayed at Deluxe Resorts. I just read a recent Intercot post full of positive feedback about the Swan and Dolphin, but now I'm wondering which one should we try? The Swan or the Dolphin?

Pirate Granny
07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
No magic express and $$$ parking fee at resort
:pirate:

Mousemates
07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
We loved our stay at the swan (which we prefer over the dolphin for its queen sized beds)...the location is great (far better than many of deluxe resorts) and with deals you can often stay for moderate resort prices (even with the resort parking fee). We didn't feel any loss of magic during our stay ( a complaint you sometimes read of here)...especially with the ability to not only walk to two theme parks, but also minature golf and the boardwalk with its nightly entertainment...by the way, they have a pretty nice pool as well.

MonoMan
07-06-2010, 05:43 AM
I'm not concerned about ME or parking fees - we use Quicksilver so those won't be an issue for us.

I definitely appreciate the feedback about the differences between the Swan and the Dolphin:thumbsup:

WVParkfan
07-06-2010, 12:41 PM
We also chose the Swan for the beds. Swan = 2 Queen Beds. Dolphin = 2 Full size beds or 1 King bed.

Other than that, we had no reason to pick one over the other. We think they will both be wonderful!

Tigerinvestigator
07-06-2010, 01:05 PM
We've stayed at both several times. Just my opinion, but with kids we prefer the Dolphin which is more wide open, a little louder, more whimsical and fun. When just my wife and I go we stay at the Swan. It is more simple, less crowded and quieter. You will love either!:thumbsup:

GreenB
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Both resorts are VERY good ones. We prefer the Dolphin and will stay there again in September.

-The Dolphin is much larger than the Swan so it is much busier, with many more families and people walking around.
-The Dolphin has a cafeteria open 24 hrs which may not have the best food around, but it is very convenient when you need to grab something in the run. This cafeteria has also a small convenience store.
-The restaurants are very good at both resorts, the Dolphin has more restaurants but, then again, they are so close to each other that it doesn't matter.
-The lobby at the Dolphin is far more impressive. The one at the Swan is rather small.
-The Dolphin has an Alamo Car Rental counter and that may be helpful to some.

crazypoohbear
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I have not stayed at the swan but I have stayed at the Dolphin several times.
I loved the buffeteria with 24 hour availablility. especially after EMH, great place to grab a cold drink or a bite before bed.
The Dolphin is closer to the grotto pool, (less walking for little legs, or tired legs)
the lobby is beautiful in the dolphin and there is usually a piano player at happy hour.
There are more restaurants in the dolphin I think.
Fresh is a great place to grab a nice breakfast in the am.
Both have easy access to the boats.
I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
We love the Dolphin. The 1st time we stayed at a disney hotel instead of the dolphin, my youngest asked me when we were gonna be at "his disneyworld"
Enjoy your trip and keep your fingers crossed you get a view of the fireworks.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I've stayed at both and like the convenience of the Dolphin more. Plus I've had better views of the fireworks at the Dolphin but that might have just been the luck of the draw.

Disney Yankee
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Both resorts are really nice, and you can't beat the price for the location. Stay at the Swan if you want a quieter hotel with queen-sized beds (dolphin has doubles).