PDA

View Full Version : EMH Confusion

Guya103
07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I read on another thread that during EMH you have to show your park pass at each ride. Is this new? In the past we have always just gotten bracelets at the start of the EMH's and then were good to go. This sounds like a big hassle to me, perhaps this is how they do it only certain times of year? Thanks!:mickey:

Joannelet
07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
yes unfortunately they did stop the wristbands and do require your room key to be shown at each major ride. Some do look for it, some do not. Many people put it on a lanyard around their neck.

badkitty
07-05-2010, 12:36 PM
And make sure you have your room key for every member of your group and not just your park pass if your room/tickets are not combined. It is the room key that is checked and I have seen many people turned away because they forgot their room key.

Guya103
07-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks for your quick replies! We are staying at CBR so our room keys and park tickets should be all on one card, correct? Any ideas on where to buy lanyards to carry our cards in?

Scar
07-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your quick replies! We are staying at CBR so our room keys and park tickets should be all on one card, correct? Any ideas on where to buy lanyards to carry our cards in?Unless you request otherwise, your passes and room key will be the same card. I've never bought one, but I've seen lanyards in most shops. Should be available at the CBR gift store or any shop that sells pins.

disneymom15
07-05-2010, 04:26 PM
I didn't think it was that big of a hassle. Yes you do have to pull it out before each ride, just make sure you have a designated spot to keep it. That way your not hunting thru all your pockets looking for it.

MNDisney Dad
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Since a person needs only to show their room key to enter an attraction, is it safe to assume you can stay in the park during EMH as long as you do not ride?

WDWdriver
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Since a person needs only to show their room key to enter an attraction, is it safe to assume you can stay in the park during EMH as long as you do not ride?

Yes. You can stay in the park, eat in the restaurants and shop. You just can't enter any shows or rides.

magicalmom
07-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for your quick replies! We are staying at CBR so our room keys and park tickets should be all on one card, correct? Any ideas on where to buy lanyards to carry our cards in?

You can't always find lanyards with the little plastic pouches at Disney shops; I have found the pouches at office supply places and online auctions sites - you can clip them to any lanyard, Disney or otherwise.

g8rgirl29
07-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Any ideas on where to buy lanyards to carry our cards in?

You can find ID cases with retractable clips at WalMart in the mens section next to hankies. They run about $1 a piece. We found these to be the easiest and cheapest method.

Bethanymouse
07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
This was in place last year when we got married there. It was a bit of a pain, not to complain, but it was. But at the end of the day, you are still in disney so how can you be annoyed?

Guya103
07-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys! I think I will check out Walmart next time I go there. Any idea why they changed from the bracelets?

mickeyman42
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys! I think I will check out Walmart next time I go there. Any idea why they changed from the bracelets?

my guess is that bracelets cost money to make/buy and then distrubute for "free" but the room keys that they have already provided to you do not cost any extra money for Disney to use for EMH's.

renecat
07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I always did EMH because it was less crowded.
If they let everyone stay in the park just not ride the attractions you may still deal with the park being crowded. This kind of takes away a perk for staying on property.

#1donaldfan
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
EMH is a lot busier than it used to be....I'd love to go back to paying for the option !!! WAY LESS CROWDED....we tend to use the early hours versues the late ones, seems a bit less crowded till around noon ish anyway....I've seen the laynards at about every gift shop I went in this past June....I like the hard plastic ones that shut tightly...:thumbsup:

xo0ally
07-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I usually keep my ticket in a small wristlet and it did get annoying to keep taking my ticket out for every ride.