PDA

View Full Version : Anybody at the parks July 4th?

stephntampa
07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Just curious how the crowds were at the parks on July 4th, as we have had rain, rain and more rain for a few days now.. not thunderstorms, just rain. Was it a deterrent, or did the masses flock to Disney?

LauraByTheSea
07-05-2010, 12:55 PM
We were there a couple weeks ago in the rain, MUCH rain, and it didn't deter anyone. I'm guessing that if that was a normal day and that didn;t stop anyone, that the holiday would be even more so... Just get out the Mickey ponchos! :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Nothing reached capacity yesterday, so it appears the rumors of bookings still down are correct. Merchandise sales are down as well, they ate giving out 20% off coupons at some counter service locations on your receipt.

So don't pay rack rates for rooms, there's still no need to!

07-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Nothing reached capacity yesterday,

That is an incorrect statement for the Magic Kingdom. It was at capacity a couple of times on
Sunday.

DizneyRox
07-06-2010, 04:08 AM
That is an incorrect statement for the Magic Kingdom. It was at capacity a couple of times on
Sunday.
Just passing along what Guest Relations told me... What phase?

07-06-2010, 08:42 AM

BluewaterBrad
07-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Interesting. How many phases are there? Just curious.:mickey:

DizneyRox
07-06-2010, 05:28 PM

Park Capacity is determined by many factors though, including open attractions and staffing. This means it can very day by day. Park capacity in the summer is usually quite a bit higher than park capacity in the off season.

I see many attractions only using one loading area, which means ride throughput is lower (thus park capacity).

Wait times are also considerably lower which is a pretty good measure of how many folks are in the park as well. Most of future world was a walk on with the understandable exceptions, Maelstrom was I think 40 minutes with only one dock operating. I've seen it at 60+ with both going in prior years.

BWayGrl
07-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Does Disney set their 4th of July fireworks to patriotic music? I was there for the 4th about 10 years ago and I just don't remember! I was in Philadelphia for the fireworks this year and it was just so rowdy and unorganized. I would have much rather been in Disney World!