PDA

View Full Version : Two Birthdays, Not Enough Time

CinderAriel
07-05-2010, 03:37 AM
1. My DD's birthdays are two weeks apart. We would like to make our next visit part of their birthday celebration, but do not have the time or the funds to stay that long. Both are at an age where they would enjoy and understand the attention. Ideally we would like their character meal to be where they would be recognized. Has anyone experienced this? Were the cast members willing to recognize both birthdays even if it is not on the exact day? Any suggestions on this?

2. Are the cast members good about seating you in a back row or aisle seat when requested? I'm thinking that for shows such as "It's Tough To Be a Bug" where it could go either way, they could either love it or hate it, and I want to be able to make a quick exit.

Thank you.

DisneyFr33k
07-05-2010, 06:31 AM
I've never celebrated birthdays there, so I cannot answer your question #1.

For shows, I think you can pretty much sit where you want as guests are allowed in cattle style. However, for It's Tough to be a Bug -- my almost 13 year old (who will ride any thrill ride made by man... inversions, stomach drops... whatever) still cannot make it through that show. She ends up on the floor hiding!!

SBETigg
07-05-2010, 06:43 AM
For shows, I think you can pretty much sit where you want as guests are allowed in cattle style. However, for It's Tough to be a Bug -- my almost 13 year old (who will ride any thrill ride made by man... inversions, stomach drops... whatever) still cannot make it through that show. She ends up on the floor hiding!!

My 19 year old son still dreads that one. He'll go in now, but he doesn't like it. It's a lot harder for a six foot male to drop to the floor unnoticed. :blush:

If it's not obvious before entering the theater, you can ask before you go in which doors would place you in the back row. You might try to be the first ones in a row, which would require you to go all the way to end of the row in seating and put you closest to the door in case of a needed exit.

For birthdays, special recognition is not something you can really count on. It's hit and miss. Make sure you tell your servers and get both children birthday buttons to wear. They won't require it to be the actual birthday. But they don't always do much. So many people are there celebrating something. Best wishes with it!

DisneyFr33k
07-05-2010, 07:46 AM
My 19 year old son still dreads that one. He'll go in now, but he doesn't like it. It's a lot harder for a six foot male to drop to the floor unnoticed. :blush:

I love the visual you gave me on this one! :funny:

It's funny how such a seeminly innocent show by title really is pretty scary! :eek2:

magicalmom
07-05-2010, 08:16 AM
It's funny how such a seeminly innocent show by title really is pretty scary! :eek2:

It's those spiders! :scared: That's the moment when my girls and I close our eyes and plug our ears. We like the dung beetles a lot, though. . .

#1donaldfan
07-05-2010, 10:14 AM
When you check in make sure to get both their Bday buttons, then get your "I'm celebrating" button and have 'em write on it, "two bdays", or something like that....just this past June our DS had his bday button and the rest of us wore the I'm celebrating buttons and with the celebration we included our DD's graduation from HS....I could not count the number of times the CM's and total strangers told him happy birth day, congrats, etc......:mickey:

LVT
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM
It is your choice. As long as it feels like a birthday trip for the children, it is. Call it a 2 birthday trip well in advance so it sinks in.
We got cupcakes with sprinkles at many places and birthday cards signed by characters or the wait staff at others.

KAT1811
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Two of our DDS have birthdays two days apart. We were in the World last year for both of them. We got them both birthday buttons and at the start of the trip they both wore them every day. When that became a bit much we took the buttons off and only had them wear them for their actual birthdays. Which we were fortunate enough to be there for both.

By the zillionth time you have to explain that they are not twins, or explain when their actual birthday's are you'll be ready to go a bit nutty. ;) We loved that the CMs were so thoughtful but it proved to be a bit much after a while. We really did appreciate all the attention our girls got.

Why not have each of the kids pick one day on your vacation that they want to be their "birthday"? :party: That way they each get a special day to be just for them. Maybe to make it fair you can have the child who has the first birthday choose first. Whatever you decide have a great trip!!!!