PDA

View Full Version : first timers at EPCOT

Katzateer
07-04-2010, 10:35 PM
My youngest daughter Stephanie and her friend Alissa went to EPCOT on Friday with Alissa's parents. It was a first visit for Alissa's family.

It was overcast with a chance of rain but it never did rain and the crowds weren't bad.

Stephanie and Alissa covered the park on their own, spending most of the day visiting all the countries.

Alissa's parents enjoyed most of the rides then started in Mexico and didn't get all the way around World Showcase. They ate in England and said the food was really good. They watched Illuminations from their table.

It was interesting that Stephanie took Alissa in the same order to all the attractions we have gone to over the years and she even called me asking for advice. She hasn't called me on her own once during her Florida visit (gotta love teenagers). Made me feel good she was following our family traditions and thinking about all the places we enjoyed as a family :thumbsup:

They loved Illuminations and the park but Alissa's mom said she thought Epcot needed to be updated.

pdrlkr
07-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

#1disneyfan
07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Great report, thanks for sharing!

faline
07-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Glad to hear your daughter was able to share her knowledge with her friend. Sounds like it was a nice visit.

WDWdriver
07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank you.

KylesMom
07-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks for sharing DD's day at Epcot with us. It's got to be a good feeling that she's thinking about you on her trip, and following family tradition! :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
07-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Always fun to take someone for their first trip!:thumbsup:

disneymom2000
07-17-2010, 12:32 PM
You know - there is nothing more exciting than being a tour giude for someone who has never been to Disney. Not only can you share all your expertise, but you can kind of see it all for the first time again through a newcomers eyes. The best of both worlds.:thumbsup: