PDA

View Full Version : Has WDW efficiency prevented a family fall out?

K8screen
07-04-2010, 11:27 AM
On our first trip to WDW, as we were waiting to board SM, we discovered DD1 had brought a wallet containing ALL her spending money. DH took the wallet to look after for her, giving her a lecture on hotel safes, personal security, only carrying cash for one day etc. An hour or so later she asked for some money from the wallet, her dad insisted he had given it back to her when we exited SM. She didnt have it and was devastated. Another lecture on carelessness followed. I decided to ask at Guest Services, although DH assured me it was waste of time. Sure enough, it was there. Still with all the cash in it! I asked where it was found, and yes you guessed it, it was in the log at SM where it had fallen out of DH's back pocket! Apologies all round! The wonder of Disney Magic.

BugeyedMuggy
07-04-2010, 11:37 AM
That is a great story and it makes me believe there are still honest pople in the world. :mickey:

#1disneyfan
07-04-2010, 12:09 PM
That's AWESOME!! I am so glad that someone had the decency to return your DD wallet. Especially with all her money.

:mickey:

LauraByTheSea
07-04-2010, 01:15 PM
So nice that there really ARE good people left in this world! So glad your DD got her wallet back!!

K8screen
07-04-2010, 01:44 PM
It was the CM loading the log with the next passengers who found it. Well done CMs! And thankyou :thumbsup:

pokeyw
07-05-2010, 11:14 PM
The same thing happened to my aunt last year in Epcot. We just stopped on our way out of the park just to check knowing that there was no way they were going to have it. Sure enough, her wallet was there with all the cash in it. There are still some good people in this world! :mickey:

xo0ally
07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Similar story happened to me. I lost my wristlet with money and tickets in it. I was so upset, but when i went to the central lost and found some one had turned it. I was so surprised that some one was honest enough to turn it in. But unfortunetly a group of the Brazilian tourist pick pocketed my bf and stole his wallet and money.

DVC2004
07-06-2010, 02:13 PM
A few years back,my DH left his brand new digital camera atop a fastpass kiosk once. We noticed it was missing when we arrived at the castle for lunch. He retraced his steps and ran into a custodian who had found it and put it in a locker for the time being. We were so happy because we shad all our pics plus were about to leave for the cruise the next day (with almost no camera)!

KAT1811
07-06-2010, 02:17 PM
We found a wallet on our last trip. DH took it straight to Guest Relations.

So glad that your DD got her wallet back!

:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
07-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Good story. Yes, there are good people everywhere!:mickey:

disneymom2000
07-08-2010, 09:42 AM
On a trip with my grown daughter - it was our last day and she had to catch her flight before me so we decided to make a trip around World Showcase one last time so she could get some great pictures. She stopped at the German store to pick something up for her bf and then we headed back to the resort to catch her ride back to the airport. As we arrived at the resort she noticed she no longer had her phone so I ran back to World Showcase and since our only stop was Germany I checked there - no phone. We had taken a cab back to the resort so I hailed a cab and gave them the specifics of the cab (where we were picked up, what time etc). They located the cab. Then got me a cab to where that cabbie was waiting for a passenger, got her cell phone and then my cabbie located her bus taking her to the airport at one of the resorts picking up guests (Magical Express) and asked it to wait for us. He got me to her bus and we got her cell phone returned to her. She was doing international business and all her contacts were on her cell phone and without it, she was lost. Then the cab returned me to my resort and didn't charge me for the ride. I tipped big let me tell you. Disney went way beyond service that day. The phone was an expensive one and no one would have been the wiser if someone had found it and decided to keep it but they were honest. That is what keeps the magic alive there. :number1:

Snickerdoodle
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Great Stories!!!:mickey:

KAT1811
07-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Great story!!!

In my dreams
07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I lost a brand new cell phone and a package with a tee-shirt left behind at the now closed Comedy Club in 2006. It was turned in and I couldn't have been happier.:thumbsup: