PDA

View Full Version : Disney Parks CEO for a Day...........

DisneyBunch
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM
You have magically been made WDW Parks CEO for one day only. As such, you are allowed to make one addition/change per park (MK, EP, DS, and AK) plus one to the resorts. Whatever change/addition you put in place will stay after your one day leadership. What changes/additions would you make?

MK- Hercules roller coaster in corner behind "It's a Small World." Either called "Escape from Hades" or Escape to Olympus."
EP - Add Australia as a country with a ride similar to "Living with the Land" showcasing Australia's eco-system.
DS - "It's a Bug's Life" ride similar to Toy Story Mania, except you ride on a "leaf" car down a stream shooting/defeating all of the bug's enemies. Obviously, Hopper and his grasshoppers would be the last obstacle.
AK - building similar to Innoventions that has interactive displays about animals from around the world. Seperate area for extinct animals.
Resorts - moderate resort themed like the "Dude Ranch" from the old Mickey Mouse Club episodes, catering/specializing in larger families.

What ideas do you have?:mickey:

DizneyRox
07-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm still looking to get rid of Pooh. Don' treally need the in the parks, so I'd replace them with some classic characters.

SandmanGStefani24
07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
AK - building similar to Innoventions that has interactive displays about animals from around the world. Seperate area for extinct animals.

This is an awesome idea!!
So awesome I'm stealing it:secret:

As for MK : Eliminate Stitch! Anything will do..

EPCOT: Bring back Body Wars in an updated form inside Innoventions. Or fix the Mexico ride back to its older glory...

MGM/HS : New Dark Ride placing you into a movie with Green Screen or CGI tech. Matrix?

Resorts : A resort that takes you back in time. 1900s or earlier. Think POP, but less kitchy and more realistic. Old style phones, carriages, more lanterns and less lights. Live musicians instead of muzak.

magicalmom
07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
How fun is this?!?! Thanks for the opportunity -

MK - In the area where the Fantasyland Skyway tower was located, a proper Narnia attraction (what the one at DHS should have been:mickey:) a walk-through with multiple scenes, on the scale of Poseidon at IOA. A 20 minute show, including live performers, film, the computer technology from "Turtle Talk" which allows Aslan and the Witch to speak to us, and animatronics. A series of 5-7 individual theaters, culminating in a 360 degree film of the final battle, followed by the coronation. We, the audience, are the Pevensey children walking through Narnia. Live actors play Mr. & Mrs. Beaver, who lead us through the attraction (a la the Great Movie Ride.) The coronation is a 3D movie scene, so that we each feel that Aslan is placing a crown on our head.

DHS - "Planet Pixar" (a pavilion on the size scale of Norway) This building would offer several attractions: #1 - a dark ride a la Peter Pan, based on "Up", the vehicles are small houses "held up" by bunches of balloons. The ride would have dips and swoops, and the story would end as we fly through the dirigible and rescue Kevin; #2 - an interactive, physics- and engineering-based play area/attraction themed to "Meet the Robinsons." The story is that it's a seminar on how to be an inventor. #3 - TSM (incorporated); #4 - Ratatouille's, a French bistro style CS restaurant.

Epcot - Construct an "extinct attractions" attraction. Include scenes from original Figment, Body War, Cranium Commander, Horizons, Mr. Toad, World of Motion, If You Had Wings, etc. The Timekeeper is your host, and the ride vehicles are Skyway gondolas, swan boats, and canoes. Working title: "Didja Miss Us?"

AK - I'm really torn here: add Australia as a land, with a trail and a dark ride, follow through on the Mythical Beasts area, or (I think my fovorite) replace the Nemo show with one based on The Jungle Book

MKFD43
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I would replace the tomorrowland speedway with a CARS based attraction.

The rattatoui <sp?> bistro would be a fantastic idea. And the only way to eat there would be to walk up.. NO ADRS.

Put Wallter Kronkits voice back in SPACESHIP EARTH.

Build monorails to all parks from each other and the Transportation and ticket center.

Build a monorail from Orland Airport to the T & T center.

Bring back the swans.

Reopen discovery island.

HackLaSalle
07-05-2010, 11:47 AM
At EPCOT I'd throw some of the original rides that were rumored to be in some of the pavilions in there. Like the gondola ride in Italy and the speed train in Japan. I'd also like to see Journey Into Imagination get a proper refurb bringing back Dreamfinder.

At Animal Kingdom I think I'd bring in the Beastlie Kingdom idea. And I really loved the idea of a Jungle Book dark ride that some one else came up with so, I'm stealing it. I'd replace Primeval Whirl with a better themed coaster that isn't just an off the shelf model.

At MK after Fantasy Land was done I think I'd focus my attention on Tomorrow Land. As much as I love Stitch he doesn't belong there and that ride is just bad. I'd really like to retheme the whole park to more of what Tokyo's Tomorrow land looks like.

Hollywood Studios needs some love as well. I'd like to expand Pixar Place I'd love to see an Incredibles attraction. How bout some Phinneas and Ferb love in the Sounds Dangerous building? Indiana Jones' stunt show is out and one of the better Indiana Jones attractions such as the coaster or the ride at DL would replace it. And honestly I'd find a new band for Rock N Roller Coaster just not the Jo Bros.

For a couple new resorts I'd like to see an underwater hotel (yes I know that half of the hotels have some sort of nautical theme and are themed to the many underwater movies) they have one in Key West that I think would be an awesome experience to have in WDW.

DisneyLuver91
07-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm still looking to get rid of Pooh. Don' treally need the in the parks, so I'd replace them with some classic characters.

I think if we had the Tokyo Disneyland version you would like it. Check it out on YouTube! It is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

DisneyLuver91
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
MK - Get rid of Stitch and bring back Alien Encounters. And bring back to original Tiki Room. Ugh, I hate the stupid new one.

EPCOT - Re-open Wonders of Life to its full glory. Remove the Nemo theme from The Living Seas. Remodel the Mission: Space building so it matches the rest of Future World.

MGM - Make it MGM again! And bring back the original Backlot Tour, Monster Sound Show, and Superstar Television.

AK - Create an Australia area and Beastly Kingdom. Australia would have a trail and a dark ride. Beastly Kingdom would have a big roller coaster and a dragon (akin to Lucky the Dino) walking around, breathing fire. :thumbsup:

And to top it all off, reopen River Country and NO MORE ADRs!!!!

snowflakegirl
07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
what a great thread!

MK - I think I'd take Stitch out of Tomorrowland. I'm not sure what I'd put in it's place, but I agree with the sentiment that Stitch just doesn't work here.

Epcot - I would add a couple new counties to the World Showcase such as Australia or Spain maybe.

DHS - I was going to say add a ride based on the door scene in Monster's Inc, but I liked a previous idea about expanding Pixar Place and adding a bunch of things into that. I'd say I'd go with their idea, but add a ride based on the door scene.

AK - I have a thing for Madagascar and I think a land themed on Madagascar would be great, there is a lot of biodiversity and there would be some great lemurs, tortoises, other reptiles, birds, and plants... Seeing the Beastly Kingdom come to life would be fun, too.

Hotels- A "World Showcase" deluxe or moderate hotel. Each building of the hotel could be themed like one of the countries in the World Showcase.

DizneyRox
07-05-2010, 08:51 PM
I think if we had the Tokyo Disneyland version you would like it. Check it out on YouTube! It is absolutely INCREDIBLE!
I didn't mean just the ride, the characters in general. The ride isn't all that bad, for a bunch of cardboard cutouts...

EPCOT84
07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
I read lots of good ideas above. My "one day" decisions are:

Epcot: We are way overdue for a new country.

MK: I always thought MK could use a grander "Small World" facade like all the other resorts. Build a "new" Small World to meet the standards of the other parks.

AK: Let me copy the innoventions type entrance idea. AK needs more indoors places to cool off and learn (and allows for more retail). (I also copy the Jungle Book dark ride idea but since I have only one change to make, I say the entrance area is more important).

DHS: The layout is chaotic and difficult to navigate. I'd direct designers to redo as much of the park layout as possible to make traffic flow better and more intuitive, ala MK and Epcot. If that is too much of a directive, then I would just take out the Sorcerer's hat and let the next CEO deal with the lawsuits:thedolls:

Resorts: If cost was not a factor, expand the monorail system to all the parks . Otherwise a more achievable idea is add more themed retail at each resort station to increase revenue by making each station also a mini "destination" with a new small character created for the monorails (think FIgment when he was created for Epcot). Each station would have different pins, badges, flags and toys of that character.

caryrae
07-07-2010, 07:53 PM

Yeah I am not a Pooh fan, I think I would replace it with a Sorcerer's Apprentice dark ride. I think that would make a pretty cool dark ride.

magicalmom
07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah I am not a Pooh fan, I think I would replace it with a Sorcerer's Apprentice dark ride. I think that would make a pretty cool dark ride.

I'd ride just for the music!

disneymom2000
07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
EP - Add Australia as a country with a ride similar to "Living with the Land" showcasing Australia's eco-system.

Man - I love that idea. I have been asking for Australia to be added as a land in EPCOT for a while.

For meI would add a huge snorkle pool in Animal Kingdom that mirrored the Great Barrier Reef where you could interact with the beautiful fish you find in the ocean.

In Magic Kingdom I would like a 4D show where you were "shrunk down" like in Honey I shrunk the Audience and take a journey through a glen with Tinkerbell and all the fairies with all the smells of a forest (grasses, flowers etc) as well as the feeling of dew and sunshine when you walk into an opening.

In DHS I would like to add a restaurant with a Ratatouille theme where the waiters would serve you with an animatronic rat on their shoulder telling them how it is done.

In EPCOT, I would like a new hot air balloon similator ride or update the show in France with more modern day France. The people in that show look like they are from the 60's.

A Resort would be a bit harder. I would love to see a resort that was similar to a ski resort. We have Wilderness Lodge, but it is so dark and I would like to see something that has more light and maybe the rooms could resemble igloos and have an Aurora Borealis light show theater.