PDA

View Full Version : I think we've lost our minds....

Dewdrop034
07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Hello all,
I am a newbie here and this is my first post, so please bare with my stupid questions. :-)

I booked a WDW vacation for the last week in May '10 thinking this would be great for my 16 y.o. son and DH since thier birthdays fall on the same day. Well, we aren't the type of people who obsess about vacations...we go, have a good time, come home and look at the pictures and maybe talk about it for a few days after and get on with our lives. Well, we went for 7 days and ever since we came back home we cannot stop talking and thinking about the trip. We all want to go back ASAP!!
We had such an unbelievable good time and now we are, what my husband calls " Disneyfied"!! The effect WDW had on us is enormous and we are now obsessed!! Is this normal?? Was it something in the water?? I am already planning our next trip and if we had the money we would go back tomorrow. Does anyone else feel this way or are just nutcases?? Please let us know! Thanks for your input in advance.

Shannon: mickey:

faline
07-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Shannon, I must say you've come to a site with tons of kindred spirits! Everyone here has been Dinseyfied! None of us can get enough!

Bottom line - Disney World is a magical place and all of us here at Intercot are certainly under that spell!

Glad you've joined us!

Jeff
07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
You tell a story familiar to many of us.
My family went for our "once in a lifetime trip" for the first time back in 1998 - we have been at least once a year since then!!!!:mickey:

Welcome to Intercot!!!!

T-Belle
07-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Welcome to Intercot and to the safe place for all that are Disneyfied!! Your in good company here!
I don't think I've ever been to WDW and not start planning my next visit before I even leave. My guess is that most here do the same thing.
Welcome to the club!!!

Tinker Fan
07-02-2010, 07:01 PM
We went for our first trip in 2005 (our once in a lifetime trip) and had the same feelings you are having and have been lucky enough to go back every year since. This will be our 6th trip in Sept. and hopefully many more. It's a crazy feeling but you share it with many of us on this site!!:mickey:

forever a child
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM
:welcome:

Welcome to Intercot!

Yes, I think it is safe to say most of us here share your feelings. As Alice (from Alice in Wonderland) would say "you've gone around the bend."

Stick around and you'll probably learn a lot from everyone here for your next trip! :mickey:

forever a child
07-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't think I've ever been to WDW and not start planning my next visit before I even leave.

I am glad I am NOT the only one who does this!!!!:blush:

PopPhan
07-02-2010, 07:19 PM
:welcome: to the family!

I believe you have found the right place to feed your obsession!! We here at INTERCOT are one big, happy, dysfunctional (or should that be DIS-functional?) family and you should fit right in!! :D

Dewdrop034
07-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Thank you all for confirming I'm not quite off my rocker yet!

Disney4us2
07-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Welcome to Intercot. :mickey:
You are not alone. Like many others I went for the first time in 2005 on our once in a life time trip. Went back in Dec. 2006.

After a long absence, we have a trip planned for April 2011.

Although we haven't been to WDW in a few years. Disneyland is just a short drive for us and we spend many Saturdays there. It is really bad when the CM's recognize you from week to week:blush: At the same time it is fun too. I guess that make us Disney obsessed.

Have fun planning your next trip.

akaDisneyDreamer
07-02-2010, 09:03 PM
You are definately not alone! I took my daughters for the first time in 2008 when my youngest graduated high school, we had to go again in 2009, and are going again this August (40 days!) and we are even planning our 2011 trip already! We are obsessed! People who haven't been to the World just don't understand! We've been "Disneyfied" (love that term!) We even got matching Mickey tattoos a couple months ago! It's such a magical place and we just can't get enough! :mickey:

jlmct52
07-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Welcome aboard! We're all part of the same team. After, my 1st trip in 1988 I was feeling exactly what you described.

Now, 22 years and 27 trips later, I'm still experiencing that feeling. :mickey:

Maybe, at some point, that feeling will stop...but I wouldn't count on it.

chefmickey3
07-03-2010, 08:15 AM
My DH has always loved Disney - he went with his family growing up. He took me after we were married sans kids. I didn't get it for the first day but then I was hooked! We have been back ten times since and leave in two weeks. Our boys now 4,6,8 love it as much as we do! Welcome to Intercot! We all feel the same!

wdwvacationeer
07-03-2010, 09:25 AM
I think you are completely normal- I can't imagine feeling any other way about it!

1EeyoreFan
07-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Your post rings home with me! I also went in May with youngest DD and some firt timers. They are hooked now too! We have been many times and never tire of it.

I am now chomping at the bit to get back with the whole family. Hoping for a Nov. trip!!

#1disneyfan
07-03-2010, 12:12 PM
You are most definitely not alone and we all are completely normal!!!

I went for the first time when I was 5, when there was only MK. I went 3 more times as a kid. Then on my honeymoon and 2 years later, where my DD was conceived :blush:. We took a few years off, and went back when DD was 4. We have now taken my DD 9 times since. She is 14 :blush:.

We cannot get enough. We go as long as DD still enjoys it and we are not taking her kicking and screaming!! We were going to bypass this year, but at the last minute we booked this upcoming trip. We leave in just 12 days!!

Have a great time planning your next trip!

IloveDisney71
07-03-2010, 10:07 PM

You are not a nutcase! You are like everyone else on this site. We all love Disney. :thumbsup:
My love affair with Disney began as far back as I can remember. I've been going since I was one so I've been in love with all things Disney FOREVER! :mickey:
I go as often as I can. I went in February with some friends for my 16th wedding anniversary. Then WDW announced Summer Nightastic and the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade that I hadn't seen since 2001. That's the parade I grew up watching as a little girl. Obviously I had to go see it for my birthday a couple of weeks ago! Now I'm planning my BIG trip next year to celebrate my 40th birthday at WDW. I will turn 40 with WDW! I was born in July and the MK opened in October. How cool is that! I'm a Disney Geek and proud of it! I have made my two DD's Disney lovers too and my DH even "gets" Disney as long as it's not hot. HA!

4disneynuts
07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
:welcome::wave:

We too are obsessed with all things Disney. We took our DD, now 17 and 14, for the first time in 2006. I don't think a day has gone by since that we have not talked about how much we miss it and have been back every year since. We are going this time in Dec. and staying at the POLY for the first time.

I think the trip we talk about the most was Oct. 2008 for the MNSSHP. It was the best!!!! Everyone should go to it at least once. Worth every penny.

We have a lot of people ask us why we keep going back and what is so great about it. Well I could go on forever about it but we just say you either fall in love with it and are addicted or you don't and wouldn't understand. Going to the World as a family is one of those places that the rest of the world doesn't exist. We forget about everything else and just have fun together.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Was it something in the water??

Yes, it was, why else would a 20oz bottle of it cost $2.50? It's been doctored! :mickey:

I just came back from a DISASTROUS trip, to the point where I told my wife we wouldn't be back this decade. My memories of how bad it was are starting to fade just enough to look forward to the future, and your post with your newbie excitement really brightened my day.

Be for-warned, there is no known antidote for an Intercot adddiction....

disneymom15
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
We did our first family trip (husband, daughter, my mother and me) back in 95. I actually had tears in my eyes when we were at the airport. I didn't want to go home. We've been hooked ever since. I've lost track of how many times we've been. We have 2 trips planned right now. Going in Sept and Dec, just started talking about maybe Feb and Aug.
So NO, there is nothing wrong with you. You are as normal as everyone on this site.

kemps@wdw
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
:welcome::rocks: Welcome to Intercot. Our 1st trip to the World was our honeymoon (1 yr late) in 1980, and we have been "Disneyfied" every since! So, no, my friend, you have not lost your mind...on the contrary...you have simply entered the world that we here @ Intercot have discovered as "the most magical site on Earth". Some have been here for eons, and some, like me, are rookies. But we all have one thing in common...our love for Disney! :mickey: Here, you will find any and all info pertaining to WDW and DL, and everyone here is ready and willing to give their help and opinions. And, we all think ourselves completely normal (well, somewhat). So, revel in your newfound craziness for WDW!! :D Here, you are among those who completely understand!

pdrlkr
07-04-2010, 11:38 PM

GrmGrninGost
07-07-2010, 07:11 PM
You seem normal to me! If we don't have a trip in the planning stage, it's depressing! ( We pull out on August 19 for a 6 day visit!) Can't wait to start planning another! :mickey:

dizne4me
07-08-2010, 06:32 AM
I know exactly how you feel. Have you started showing your vacation pictures to other family members and co-workers over and over again?

okw2006
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I was disneyfied late in life. We took the kids several times when they were growing up and had great times. But, when my daughter finished college she wanted to go to DW. We took her in the spring of 2001 and I fell in love. We joined DVC and now go twice a year. Most of the time just the 2 of us without the kids. You just got to love it!

AllDisney
07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
We first went to WDW when our daughter was 4. I had tears in my eyes as we took the ferry over to MK and saw the castle:cloud9

Hooked ever since. Looking forward to our December 2010 trip as well as the newly booked April 2011. We will probably begin thinking about our 2012 trip & when we want to go.

I just love the planning:party:

1DisneyNut
07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
We are all the normal ones... it's those that don't get it that are the weird ones. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the club!:mickey:

disneykid@hrt
07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
You are most certainly not alone!! :mickey: I call it Disney Mad!! Not a day goes by that I don't think about Disney. I grew up going to Disney, but nothing compares to sharing Disney dreams coming true with my little princess.

LVT
07-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Welcome home cousin.

Camping Mom
07-23-2010, 11:14 PM
If we aren't planning a Disney trip, we are talking about all the past trips. My husband is like a little kid about Disney.

brownie
07-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Absolutely a normal reaction. The only way to get over it is to go back again.