PDA

View Full Version : Can't-miss at IOA?

MaryBelle
06-30-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm going to Islands of Adventure for the first time on July 14. I'm going for Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but what else must I see? I don't like super-extreme roller coasters, but never have a problem with the Disney coasters, if that helps. I was hoping more for interesting shows, etc.

Besides Harry, what else should I set aside time for in IOA?

Thanks!

John
06-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Don't miss Spiderman... amazing ride.

BowTie7
06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
The 3 water rides at Islands of Adventure are also great but plan ahead for getting completely wet. (I always put my wallet in a zip-lock bag to avoid wet money and credit cards. I know many people bring a second set of shoes, remove socks before riding, etc)

NJGIRL
07-01-2010, 08:28 AM
The way it sounds from people who are going now is that the HP village may take you all day to get through because of the crowds but here are my favorite at IOA. The top of the list is Spiderman (great ride), Popeye's Barge (you will get soaked), Camp Jurassic (my son loves this area) it is a play area similar to the Bone Graveyard at the AK only it's so much better. There are bridges, caves, fog, and water. Kids can get very wet in there. As far as shows, I like Poseidon's Fury. I know this is a show either people love or hate but I enjoy it. Also check out the talking fountain. That was alot of fun!

PirateLover
07-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Without a doubt Spider-Man. I would say that is the only other absolute must do outside of Forbidden Journey. I also enjoyed the Jurassic Park water ride, but it was a walk on and I love the book and original movie so it was cool for me. Hulk is a bit rough, but I don't think it's any worse than Rock N' Roller coaster. Wouldn't be a must do though. Poseidon's Fury is a cheesy, but fun show if you have the time. Cat in the Hat is cute, I referred to it as the poor man's Winnie the Pooh

BrerGnat
07-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Cat in the Hat is cute, I referred to it as the poor man's Winnie the Pooh

I personally think Cat in the Hat is MUCH better than the majority of Disney's Fantasyland Dark rides...I would call that one a "can't miss", simply because it's pretty neat, and different from Disney.

I'd also personally classify Hulk as a "do not miss". It's an awesome coaster.

Dragon Challenge is also great. I rode it back when it was Deuling Dragons, and they didn't change the ride at all, just the theme.