PDA

View Full Version : Adding a "Celebration" to your ADR

BuddyFox
06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
I noticed that all of my ADRs offer the ability to add a celebration. I thought it might be fun to surprise the kids by calling one night's dinner a celebration for getting Straight A's for the year. What exactly should I expect if I add this to the ADR? Any extra cost?:mickey:

KylesMom
06-30-2010, 10:44 AM
No extra cost unless you add a cake or such. They'll decorate your table & you might get a celebration cupcake or something similar.

Do it! We usually celebrate several different things during our vacation, including my birthday and our wedding anniversary. However, this year we've noted on a few of our ADRs that we were celebrating DS' "accomplishments" for the year. Straight A's is one of them. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
What exactly should I expect if I add this to the ADR? Any extra cost?:mickey:

Don't "expect" anything because sometimes they do something and sometimes they don't. I wouldn't tell your kids about it just in case they don't do anything. Usually, as Carol noted, you get some confetti on the table and maybe a cupcake or a card, but last month we were celebrating our anniversary and didn't get anything. Which is fine with us. We don't expect it and enjoy it if something happens. With everybody celebrating pretty much everything these days I don't expect them to do much, if anything and them am pleasantly surprised when they do.

Checkers
06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
:mickey:In May when we visited we were celebrating my DGD's 7th birthday and she received a celebration pin and on several of our ADR's she was given a cupcake. My DH & I are going next month to celebrate our anniversary and even though I added it our reservations, I don't expect anything.

IloveDisney71
06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I'd mention it on your reservation but don't mention it to your kids in case they don't do something. Each place seems to do different things and it even seems like they do different things for different "celebrations" in the same restaurant - i hope that makes sense. :blush:

At Tony's Town Square Restaurant, on my birthday, I got a fast pass good for the ride of my choice for everyone (4 of us) in my party.
For our Anniversary, at Ohana's we got an anniversary cupcake with a candle.
All we did was mention it when we made our reservations. We didn't expect anything, but we got little surprises at each of our table service meals. It was nice. :mickey:

However, I didn't have an ADR's for LeCellier but I was wearing a Birthday pin.
My DD's & I ordered a cake for dessert to split because we were so full ;) and they wrote Happy B-day on the plate with chocolate and put a candle in it with Mickey sprinkles. It was cute. So sometimes, they'll do something without advance notice too.

sherriepaul
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Great to know about this, because when we go next year it will be about a week after my twins 7thbirthday and then a couple of weeks before my 11th wedding anniversary.
Thanks everyone!