PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vow Renewal $$$

luvDaMouse
06-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Next year my DH and I will be celebrating our
25th wedding anniversary :) We got married October 1986 and had our honeymoon in Disney World. I was searching around for Vow renewal packages and Disney wants 4750.00 for the least expensive one :eek: Not sure if I can spend that amount of money?? It will be only the two of us, just wanted to do something special has anyone done the wishes cruise on the Grand 1?? or if you did something else would you share? I need some ideas....
Thanks!
Dana

crltkcagle
06-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Wow I never thought about doing this. In two years Dh and I will be celebrating our 10th and will be in Disney world. I may have to look into this. Thanks for the idea!

DisneyWhirled
06-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Our friends (who are on this board, so maybe Kris will pipe in) planned a beautiful wedding ceremony for an intimate group that was to be aboard a Wishes Cruise (the captain was so excited, he brought them to the point at the POLY). She ordered a cake through the Grand Floridian Bakery (to be brought on the ship) and lined up her own justice of the peace. We weren't there, but as she explains it, it was very inexpensive and beautiful. Disney had no problems with anything she planned.

Hope that helps!

Pirate Granny
06-30-2010, 01:15 PM
My daughter's friend rented the Yacht for her bridesmaids...I believe the cost was $450 an hour and there can only be 10-12 persons. You can order food for the cruise (enclosed cabin), and it can be during the fireworks...this would be a lovely way to renew your vows...at a much lower cost. You would need to book 180 days in advance and PRAY that you get the boat...I don't think you would want the 'regular' ten persons boat...no where for food and truly not as nice...those boats leave from the GF at WL (we had a private fireworks boat when there were only six of us, now we need 12 and can't afford to book the Yacht)... CONGRATS.
:pirate:

tink'72
06-30-2010, 01:25 PM
This post is an omen! I am also renewing my vows next summer for our 10th anniversary and the original plan was on the beach at the Poly but they wanted 4750.00 and it could only be during certain times of the year. I love the wishes idea! I didn't even think of that! Thank you so much for posting!!!!!!

IloveDisney71
06-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Our friends (who are on this board, so maybe Kris will pipe in) planned a beautiful wedding ceremony for an intimate group that was to be aboard a Wishes Cruise (the captain was so excited, he brought them to the point at the POLY). She ordered a cake through the Grand Floridian Bakery (to be brought on the ship) and lined up her own justice of the peace. We weren't there, but as she explains it, it was very inexpensive and beautiful. Disney had no problems with anything she planned.

Hope that helps!

This sounds like a great idea! When my DH and I got married we had a shoestring budget so it was a very simple wedding. I've told him I'd love to do a vow renewal at WDW but it is so expensive. This cruise idea sounds like a wonderful alternative. Thanks for sharing.