PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak cause more crowds?

Sunshine1010
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Do you think the oil leak will make people 'abandon' the beach and head to WDW?

faline
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
No way to know though, in my experience, many devoted beach people would likely just head to different beaches rather than Disney World.

Strmchsr
06-29-2010, 07:43 PM
:ditto: I think Orlando traffic in general might be much heavier due to the interest in the new WOHP, but I doubt the oil leak is having much impact.

MickeyFanKY
06-30-2010, 06:55 AM
We did switch from the beach to WDW. We actually made the switch before the oil spill. When WDW came out with all the deals earlier this year, I started doing the math. Disney was cheaper than the beach. I was surprised but very happy. We always rent houses at the beach, which can be expensive.

Rekenna
06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
We did switch from the beach to WDW. We actually made the switch before the oil spill. When WDW came out with all the deals earlier this year, I started doing the math. Disney was cheaper than the beach. I was surprised but very happy. We always rent houses at the beach, which can be expensive.

Fellow Kentuckian-Good for you that you have discovered how "cost effective" a WDW vacation can be with good planning/discounts!:mickey:

forever a child
07-02-2010, 09:46 AM

Welcome to Intercot

Fellow Kentuckian-Good for you that you have discovered how "cost effective" a WDW vacation can be with good planning/discounts!:mickey:

How's it going Rekenna?

Just wanted to say HI :hi: to my neighbors!

kemps@wdw
07-02-2010, 11:25 PM
My DH is absolutely convinced that this WILL happen, And I must say, I have to agree with him.:yes: It does stand to reason that WDW would be a logical choice.

badkitty
07-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I have seen several advertisements on TV for Florida beach travel. The ad points out that there are miles and miles and miles of unaffected beaches. I would think the state is worried that folks will stay away.