PDA

View Full Version : Kugel Ball

BashfulMom
06-29-2010, 05:49 PM
My son has watched "The Science of Disney Imagineering - Newtons 3 Laws" DVD and has asked if there is a Kugel Ball at WDW.

Does anyone know if they have a Kugel Ball at WDW and which park it is located at?

faline
06-29-2010, 06:10 PM
On my last trip, I didn't pay attention as to whether it was still there or not but there was one in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom near the Transit Authority.

gerald72
06-29-2010, 06:10 PM
I know I have seen one there- I think I even took a picture. I can't seem to remember exactly where, though. Tomorrowland?
I'm sure someone will come along with a better answer.

Gusgus
06-29-2010, 06:20 PM
On my last trip, I didn't pay attention as to whether it was still there or not but there was one in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom near the Transit Authority.

Yep... that's where it is!

hokies4life
06-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I dont know how often the water is running for it though. I remember quite a few past trips with the water not running around the ball. Maybe it will be running this time.

KylesMom
06-29-2010, 11:50 PM
We've noticed that if there's a significant lack of rainfall in FL the water is off. I believe that the past few trips (in July/June respectively) it's been operating "properly". In the mid '00's, however, it was off for several trips during the summer.

This held DS' attention when he was younger more than a good many of the attractions he went on! At 12, he still insists on spending a little quality time with the thing when we pass by it. :mickey:

CU Tiger
06-30-2010, 09:59 AM
It is still there and sometimes the water is running and sometimes not. I am surprised that it would depend on rainfall with all the other ways DW uses water.:mickey:

KylesMom
06-30-2010, 10:41 AM
I am surprised that it would depend on rainfall with all the other ways DW uses water. I'm talking about extreme drought situations. There was a year or two when many of the "little" things that would contain water were off - I remember that Disney had signs up stating that due to the extreme drought conditions, they were doing their part to conserve water.

As mentioned, we haven't seen this extreme in several years, though. :mickey:

Laughin' place
06-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I think they serve a delicious Kugel Ball over in the Norway bakery...or maybe not :blush:

Giggy
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm talking about extreme drought situations. There was a year or two when many of the "little" things that would contain water were off - I remember that Disney had signs up stating that due to the extreme drought conditions, they were doing their part to conserve water.

As mentioned, we haven't seen this extreme in several years, though. :mickey:

I definitely remember a sign outside Donald's Boat one year (maybe 2001) that said due to horrible weather Donald had turned off the water. :donald:

On another note I just had to search to find out what a Kugel Ball was, well done Intercot for encouraging me to learn something new..

princessimagineer
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
wawawawawawait (i am sorry, when i am in school, i have no idea what is going on in the world) What is this Science of Disney Imagineering Movie and where can i get my hands on one?

JWB3
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
This is really cool! :thumbsup: I've never heard of a Kugel ball, let alone one at WDW. Thanks for pointing out yet another something new to look for in October - 92 days and counting!!

clausjo
07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I've seen this countless times in Tomorrowland, but just always thought it was just a sculpture. Very cool! Can't wait to show the kids when we go back!:rocks:

Gibbs
07-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Ya know, I've been to the World many times, and have passed by the sculptue thousands more times. I've stopped and checked it out, but never really got the concept of what it was until today. That is whats so cool about Disney. There is magic all around you. Sometimes you dont even know its happening :rocks:

BashfulMom
07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
wawawawawawait (i am sorry, when i am in school, i have no idea what is going on in the world) What is this Science of Disney Imagineering Movie and where can i get my hands on one?

I didn't know they existed either, but DS & I were at our local library when they had just received a couple of the movies. We checked out Newton's 3 Laws of Motion and Fluids

I believe there are 11 different titles; such as Gravity, Newton's 3 Laws of Motion, Fluids, Electricity, Magnetism, etc. I haven't seen the DVD's in any of the bookstores yet, but you can order them online through Amazon.

They are a very entertaining way to teach children about different scientific principles. My 7 year old DS absolutely loves them and I smile each time I hear him quoting something from one of the shows.

I definately give them a big :thumbsup:.