PDA

View Full Version : Extra magic hours

sydzach
06-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey, just trying to plan out our trip for November, park days November 20th-24th and on this site they have magic hours as follows-
November Schedule
Magic Kingdom
MORNING November 4,11,18,25
EVENING November 6,13,14,21,29
Animal Kingdom
MORNING November 7,15,22,29
EVENING November 5,12,17,24
Epcot
MORNING November 2,9,16,23,30
EVENING November 3,10,19,26
Disney's Hollywood Studios
MORNING November 6,13,20,27
EVENING November 1,8,15,22,28
We will make sure to hit MK on Sunday the 21st, HS on Monday the 22nd, and AK on Wednesday the 24th. Epcot will we go to Saturday as that park is probably our kids least favorite, hit MK on Tuesday as we have 5 days and MK is their favorite. In your experience, when the parks have extra time in the evenings, do you really see improved ride times? Seems every trip we have ever had to Disney, other than one trip in May, we have always dealt with LONG lines and HOT temperatures. This trip, I don't think it will be as hot as our past trips but I have read different thoughts on how crowded it will be week of Thanksgiving-we leave to come home on Thanksgiving. Just wondering how worth it is the extra hours for Disney guests-sure hoping it will be awesome as we have never done it before.

Ms. Mode
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
I think that Epcot is my DDs least favorite park too, but she loves Soarn', Test Track, Living with the Land boat ride and of course "the Golf ball" Spaceship Earth. It just always works out to a full day. :)

We have really only used the morning EM hours, and it's always crowded. However, if you're going in November you may be pleasantly surprised with a doable crowd.

Good luck :mickey:

Scar
06-29-2010, 01:54 PM
We have really only used the morning EM hours, and it's always crowded. However, if you're going in November you may be pleasantly surprised with a doable crowd.Really? Do you only go when school is out? I always go when school is in session and morning EMH is always light crowds for me. Evening on the other hand always seems more crowded than during the day.

sydzach
06-30-2010, 09:42 AM
We have only been when school is out except one trip in early October I think it was-I don't like pulling my kids out of school and now that my wife is back working as a teacher, we REALLY have to go when school is out. I think what I am most looking forward to this trip is HOPEFULLY cooler weather. The last two times we have been to Disney, it was spring break of '09 which was BRUTALLY hot and crowded-in fact that was by far the most crowded I have ever seen the parks, and then late May, early June of '08. Crowded but not like spring break but even HOTTER than the April spring break trip.

My wife and I went to Disney as part of a cruise/Disney package 18 years ago, we were married in May. It was hot but not miserably hot and that was the best as far as crowds of all time-I LOVED it. But, my wife does not like to ride like I do, and now I have an 11 year old daughter that loves to ride as much or more than I do so I am happy, just would be nice to have smaller crowd and even more than that, pleasant temperatures for the wait in line. I am very hopeful for the cooler temps in late November this year. I don't want COLD but upper 60's to lower 80's would be perfect.

IloveDisney71
07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
We always do evening EMH's at the MK. We did them on June the 20th (i think it was the 20th a few days ago) and it was great! My DD and I rode PeterPan and Winnie the Pooh with a 10 minute wait. We rode everything in Fantasyland with hardly any wait times. we didn't do many of the big rides SM, BTMRR, etc because we had done all of them earlier in the day and didn't feel like doing them again. But we were excited to do the Fantasyland rides with little or no wait times because we usually skip them because we don't want to wait in long lines during the day.
I do have a tip for EMH's at night. They ask to see your room key for EVERY ride so we wear a lanyard ,that you can purchase at Office Depot or Staples, that will hold your room key. The type of lanyards that they give out at conferences. That way you don't have to dig it out of your pocket for each ride.

Scrappy2
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
My last few expereinces with the EMH at night has always been very long lines. Longer than during the day. We use to love the E-Night when you had to actually purchase a wrist band. Those late nights were really nice. You could ride something over and over. Now that anyone staying on Disney property can participate in EMH the parks are really crowded at night. With the amount of hotels on Disney property now that means tons of people. Toward the very end of the extra hours the crowd really starts to thin out. Of course is you stay in the MK until 1 or 2 am then catch your transportation back to your hotel the next day is really hard. :mickey:

Guya103
07-04-2010, 02:37 PM
I do have a tip for EMH's at night. They ask to see your room key for EVERY ride so we wear a lanyard ,that you can purchase at Office Depot or Staples, that will hold your room key. The type of lanyards that they give out at conferences. That way you don't have to dig it out of your pocket for each ride.

We haven't done EMH since our trip in August of 08' but as I remeber we just got bracelets at the start of the EMH's and then were good to go. Have they changed this so that you have to show your pass at each ride? Is this only during certain times of the year? Thanks!:mickey: