PDA

View Full Version : Pools at Values

DVC2004
06-29-2010, 08:24 AM
We'll be staying at Sports for our upcoming trip- we got a great deal on the summer room only rates that we can't pass up. We've stayed at Pop before but never really hung out at the resort. Can anyone tell me about the pools are Sports (or the values in general)? There are no slides right? Any refreshment area outside? Also do they get really crowded and is there ample seating? We plan to spend one day just chillin by the pool per the kids request. I am wondering if we should spend a bit more for a Moderate...thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2010, 08:52 AM
All Star Sports is our favourite value resort.

We really like the food court, the boys like the arcade -- I like to stay over in the Hoops section. It's quiet, but not so far from things (including the parking lot!).

There is not a slide at the pool, but the pool is big and great for goofing around in. There is a "bar" next to the main building, but on the outside.

My only issue with Sports is that the beds are not queen sized -- but that's just how it is. Two of our best stays EVER were at Sports. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
06-29-2010, 09:11 AM
:ditto: There's plenty of seating and usually neither of the two pools is overly crowded. There's the "main" pool by the Surf's Up section and then the baseball pool in the Home Run section. I like the theming of the baseball pool a lot. The surf pool is bigger, but they are both adequate to play in and lay around.

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 11:29 AM
We've never stayed at Sports but we have stayed at Movies and Music. Our last value stay was 2 weeks at ASMovies. We loved it. We spent a couple days by the pool. There isn't a slide but the pools are large and the kids had fun anyhow. We bought a couple of blow up beach balls at the store in the resort and they had a blast with them.

For lunch DH just walked into the foodcourt got a few things and we picked at them. Then I took the baby back to the room to nap, then everyone else came back to the room when the baby woke up, we all bathed, dressed, and then headed out for a nice dinner.

IMHO if you are spending most of your time at the parks don't bother spending the extra money on a moderate, we had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat! Although, I am on :cloud9: anywhere in Disney!!!!