PDA

View Full Version : ADR Cancellation Q

Narawen
06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
I made ADRs over the phone a couple weeks ago, and we wound up with an 8:10 am seating for the CP, because we wanted to get in before the park opened and the CM said that was the only open slot. We're not morning people, so I was looking for something a little later, but still before the 9am park opening. I was checking online and they had an 8:25 available, so I reserved it on the website.

Once I have the page with my confirmation #, I'm locked in, right? So there will be no danger in canceling the 8:10? Is there a way to cancel online, or do I have to call again? TIA :thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Right now, I'd bet you have two bookings in the system - one made online and one via phone. I would call to cancel the one you made over the phone (if that's the one you won't be attending), so that someone else can have that reservation. If the ADR you don't want was booked on-line, you can cancel it that way. However, I'm sure it did not automatically cancel the reservation you originally had via the phone call when you booked another reservation on-line. Make sure you give them the correct reservation number when cancelling, however - don't just use your phone number . . .

distrips
06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi -

It definitely won't autocancel but every once in a while Disney does go in and cancel any duplicates they find. You are right, since you have the confirmation from online you are totally set. Unfortunately anything reserved by phone can only be cancelled by phone.

Enjoy, we love CP

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Why would they cancell duplicates? We had a party of 3 going which grew to 5 then 7. So sometimes when I couldn't get a group of 7 I split the reservaction up and could get 5 and 2 (or a combination ) It looks like I have duplicate reservations, but they actually aren't!
I sure hope they don't cancelll anything!!!
Now I'm getting worried!:confused:

Narawen
06-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys, I called and cancelled it with no problem.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Why would they cancel duplicates? We had a party of 3 going which grew to 5 then 7. So sometimes when I couldn't get a group of 7 I split the reservation up and could get 5 and 2 (or a combination ) It looks like I have duplicate reservations, but they actually aren't!
I sure hope they don't cancel anything!!!
Now I'm getting worried!:confused:

There have been sporadic reports of Disney canceling duplicate reservations, but I have always been skeptical of such claims. Your case is a classic example of how Disney couldn't possibly know that duplicate reservations were not legit. I guess if you had three different ADRs at three different parks, all at the same time, maybe Disney would consider pulling the plug, but even then, I doubt it, because if you were booking ADRs for a large group, even that could be legit.

betteratmk
06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
A few weeks ago I booked California Grille online, we decided to go to Narcoossees instead and I booked that online intending to cancel california Grille, before I could do anything a message appeared and it said that I had conflicting reservations and which one did I want to cancel! They made it easy!!:D