PDA

View Full Version : MK Parade

#1donaldfan
06-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Anyone not like the "nighttastic" parade ?? We just returned and viewed the parade (once) at MK, I was terribly unimpressed !!! There were several BIG gaps in the floats, and once poor ol'
Dopey was stuck and had to wait a crew to come in and repair him. ( I guess he didn't have AAA). Now, the fireworks afterwards was the best I have ever seen, including NYE !!!

Tekneek
06-28-2010, 01:06 PM
The Main Street Electrical Parade is a classic from years gone by. Not sure that it is supposed to be superior to Spectromagic, and positive that this is a chance to celebrate an extinct Walt Disney World night event coming back for one last farewell this summer before being retired for good.

Viewing it through that perspective may enhance your enjoyment of it.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I am soooo glad someone else has come out of the woods to admit this! :thumbsup:

I think MSEP stinks! I watched it twice, and simply couldn't stand it! Spectromagic trumps MSEP parade any day, any decade.

I also agree that Summer Nightastic fireworks blows Wishes out of the park. The attack on the Castle was just amazing, gave me chills every time I watched it.

Now I am going to go get my flame-retardant jacket :flame::flame::flame:

06-28-2010, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=#1donaldfan;2071080]There were several BIG gaps in the floats,[QUOTE]

There are 2 reasons for several (actually just 3) "gaps" in the parade, 1st, the way the floats stage in the backstage area and how they move to the gate causes several gaps and 2nd, these gaps allow for guest crossings to exit the park in the Town Square and Splash Mountain crossing areas. This keeps the exiting guests from jamming up the sidewalks in the Main St. area to the north of Town Square and also to relieve the pressure of the guests being forced to wait out the parade in the Splash area. These guests can filter into Adventureland to make their way to the park exits.

IloveDisney71
06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
I understand that a lot of people might like the Spectomagic parade more than the MSEP because the SMP is more flashy and modern but I really loved seeing the MSEP a few days ago. It holds a lot of nostalgic memories for me because that's the parade that I grew up watching as a little girl. I was glad that I got the chance to see it again. :D

We also enjoyed seeing the nightastic fireworks even though they had some technical difficulties and the show was stopped for about 15 + minutes. They were awesome even though there was an unexpected break!

elmjimmlm
06-29-2010, 11:10 AM
There is a reason that Spectromagic replaced the Electrical Parade... It's not good... When I was younger I'm sure I liked it just like I liked turning the dial on our floor model tv... Outdated...:cool: