PDA

View Full Version : 82 Days and Counting!!

Michelle15
06-28-2010, 12:02 PM
So we are anxiously waiting to go to WDW :mickey: DH and I can't wait to take our DD(9 months at time of arrival). One of the very first things we do when we get off the ME (besides checking in) is we have lunch and then go off to MK. This time I don't think we will be going to MK when we first get to our resort. I was wondering if anyone has a tradition everytime they arrive at WDW? Also, since this will be our DD's first trip is there anywhere you like to take a picture of your kid(s) with or by every trip?
Thanks in advance.:cloud9:

xo0ally
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Our tradition after checking in is getting situated in the hotel room relax and refresh for a little and head to Downtown Disney. We eat dinner there, walk around and take in the scenes while looking in the shops. And while we take in the scenes it starts to hit us that we are in Disney after all that planing and waiting! We usually like to take our yealy pictures in front of the castle.

Daisy'sMom
06-28-2010, 02:45 PM
You will have such a wonderful time. I'm in need of some mouse, so we are going to DTD for the day on Saturday. The parks will call so DH said we have to make sure to bring APs just in case.:mickey:

Disney Day Dreamer
06-29-2010, 09:11 AM
When I go under the arch, my family always quotes what I said when I went under it the first time When I was four: "This is the moment I've ben waiting for my entire life."
I'm not really sure if that counts...
If not going to the park on arrival day is a tradition, then I guess that too (with one exception).

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
We traditionally check into our resort, get settled, and then get changed and ready for our "first night dinner". We used to do 1900 Park Fare on every trip but a couple trips ago it was closed for refurb and broke our tradition. We would take the bus to the MK, jump on the monerail, ride it around a couple times and then off to dinner we would go. After dinner we would head back and tuck ourselves in early so we would be bright and chipper for our first full day the next morning.

This year we are staying at the Poly for the first time ever and are trying Kona Cafe for dinner. Then our traditional early to bed routine. Maybe my father and I will sneak out for a nightcap and leave my mother with the children. :secret: I will be traveling with my parents and our three youngest for the first 5 nights then DH and our oldest DD will arrive for the rest of the vacation.

As for a picture every single place you can! We took our youngest (along with the rest of the tribe) for his first trip last year (8 months at the time). I got him a Mickey hat and pinned his "First Trip" button to it. That way he didn't bother it, his head was protected from the brutal FL sun, and everyone we met knew it was his first trip!!!

#1donaldfan
06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
....we just got back, so we're 360 days and counting ... AARGGG!!!!

we normally check in, go to Dtd from the resort, find a bite to eat, and just mill around anxiously awaiting the next day !!!! however this year we had the complete and total pleasure of checking in and going to see Toy Story 3 before we starting park hopping !!!!

Ksmith75
06-29-2010, 07:44 PM
We are 242 days and counting!!!!(we are going 2 months earlier than we have the past 4 years!!!). Anyhow, it depends on when we get in....we usually go to epcot....or if we check in at night, we unpack and walk around the resort a bit and try to go to sleep so the morning comes faster!

E-OR
07-01-2010, 03:45 PM
We are leaving in 86 days and can hardly stand the wait. We usually get in later in the evening so if we can we go to EPCOT to watch the fireworks. We have done this since we started going to WDW 16 years ago. Our boys were 5 & 11. We always would take a picture of them by the alligator as you enter TL. It was fun to see how the grew each year. They are both going down with us this year and I'm going to try to get a picture of them by the alligator again. I'm sure they will do it but don't know if they will be smiling.

DisneyorBust
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM
We know the feeling! 75 Days until we return...for a much needed vacation!
If we arrive in the morning or noonish, we check in to our resort and head to Epcot. If we arrive later we often go to the Magic Kingdom, or if it's later in the evening we check in and lounge around the pool. Need to rest before we assault the parks! :D