PDA

View Full Version : Using other resort pools

disneyholic2
06-28-2010, 08:36 AM
:mickey:Last Year, as an anniversary gift we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a night, We really enjoyed the stay as well as the Pool. Here's my question, We are going to stay at AllStar Music this next trip, Would we be able to Visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge and go for a swim there?:mickey: Any Ideas on this topic?

Disneyholic2

PetefromRI
06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
No,unfortunatly poolhopping isn't allowed unless you stay at Port Orleans Resort in which you could then hop between the Riverside pool and the French Quarter pool.I know that it's been done before but it is against the rules and it's really for a good reason,especially during the busier times.Have fun!

Maleficent's Dad
06-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Generally, pool hopping is not allowed. There are a few exceptions to this (DVC Members for example). So the short answer is no hopping for your scenario.

diz_girl
06-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Only DVC members are allowed to pool-hop, and there are limitations on which pools they can use and when. For example, even DVC members aren't allowed to use the pools at AKL.

No one else is allowed to pool-hop, except the within the aforementioned Port Orleans resorts. However, I thought that guests of the All-Stars were also allowed to pool-hop to other All-Star resort pools.

Anyway, pool-hopping used to be allowed way back when the only resorts were the CR and the Poly. But now that there are so many resorts, the more desirable pools (SAB at BC/YC or the Volcano pool at the Poly) don't have enough capacity to handle additional visitors that sanctioned pool-hopping would create.

Basically, WDW doesn't want Poly resort guests to be unhappy that they are paying hundreds of dollars per night for a room at a resort where they can't use the pool because it is crowded with people who aren't even guests of that resort.

However, you can still visit AKL, but you just can't use the pool.

By the way, Welcome to Intercot!

DizneyRox
06-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Others have answered your question. Use of the pool is part of the accomodation expenses. Paying value prices and getting a deluxe pool isn't fair to those paying the deluxe prices. Disney sees this (they would rather you paid deluxe prices as well) and does a fairly decent job of enforcing it.

The pool over at Kidani is one of the best on property which explaines the gated entrance with keycard access. I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney follow suit with any pool refurbs on the horizon. It's an easy way to prevent pool hopping.

Skippy
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
That explains it! When at Port Orleans French Quarter, it appeared they were in the process of installing a fence around the entire pool area. The post bases were going in.

KAT1811
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Pool hopping is always a hot topic but Disney's rule is that there is no pool hopping between resorts. Like PetefromRI said it's for good reason. It's no secret that the pools get a bit better with each resort category upgrade and that the price of each resort category increases quite a bit pricing some out of the deluxe resorts.

I can't imagine paying $400+ for a room at a deluxe resort and then not being able to get a chair at the pool or have the resort pool so overcrowded because there were people staying at other resorts swimming there.

Years ago it was allowed. I can remember swimming at the Poly as a child when we were staying at the FW cabins. That was over 20 years ago. Now that I think back it really wouldn't have been fair if my family took the space a Poly family needed.

The Beach Club pool is really strict. When we stayed there they had us wear wrist bands. You had to show your room key in order to get one. I also remember them actively checking them. I forgot to get one and went to get a drink the life guard stopped me and even made me go back to my chair and get my room key before he would let me go. He apologized but said that they have had a lot of trouble with overcrowding due to pool hopping and that the BC resort guests were complaining.

Maybe you could resort hop for the last night of your trip? I would be a little adventure within an adventure!

:mickey:

KAT1811
06-28-2010, 10:02 AM
WOW! 4 posts in the amount of time it took me to type one! Lol! I guess I got a bit distracted! :blush:

:mickey:

disneyholic2
06-30-2010, 09:19 AM
:mickey:Hey Guys, Thanks for the response, Just for the record, I was actually asking for somebody else. Thanks for the info.:smickey::tink::chipdale:

DizneyRox
06-30-2010, 11:22 AM
:mickey:Last Year, as an anniversary gift we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a night, We really enjoyed the stay as well as the Pool. Here's my question, We are going to stay at AllStar Music this next trip, Would we be able to Visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge and go for a swim there?:mickey: Any Ideas on this topic?

Disneyholic2

:mickey:Hey
Guys, Thanks for the response, Just for the record, I was actually asking for somebody else. Thanks for the info.:smickey::tink::chipdale:
Well, make sure you tell your "friend" it's not allowed! :thumbsup: