PDA

View Full Version : Tanning Salon?

xo0ally
06-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I heard on a different website that the Coronado Springs Spa has a tanning bed. Can any one confirm this or deny it?

TammiMcMan
06-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Here's the website for the CSR salon, http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_salon.asp . There's no mention of a tanning bed, but you may want to call them and ask.

#1donaldfan
06-28-2010, 12:32 PM
....who needs a tanning bed with all the FL sun and multitude of pools ???? :confused:

xo0ally
06-28-2010, 12:43 PM
....who needs a tanning bed with all the FL sun and multitude of pools ???? :confused:

haha very true. It was more a curiousty quesion rather than a want to know cause i am going to use it type thing.

xo0ally
06-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Just letting any one else know who was interested there is a tanning bed and it cost $10 for 15 minutes.

LudwigVonDrake
06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Just letting any one else know who was interested there is a tanning bed and it cost $10 for 15 minutes.

I wonder how much it gets used? :confused:

#1donaldfan
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I wonder how much it gets used? :confused:

....that's a good question....!!!! I cannot imagine it's used at all in the spring / summer / fall...maybe in the "dead of winter" maybe !! I can't see using one, inside all couped up with all that beautiful FL sunshine just outside....:cool:

#1donaldfan
06-29-2010, 05:56 PM
haha very true. It was more a curiousty quesion rather than a want to know cause i am going to use it type thing.

I figured it was that type of question, I just had to be silly for a second.....!!!:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
06-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Just want to point out that as a melanoma survivor any kind of tanning bad for you but studys show that tanning in a tanning bed is much worse for you than tanning in the sun...
SO, if you really want to get a tan please use the real sun and not a tanning bed.
Don't mean to be a downer but aside from me personally surviving cancer I know four people who have died from melanoma.
Please be cautious

WelshieLover
07-01-2010, 04:37 PM
I am not sure if this is the case at CSR, but in January my son's girlfriend discovered that they no longer had a tanning bed at the BW. They told her they no longer had them at WDW because of the previous posters warning about melanoma and the risks of tanning beds.

crazypoohbear
07-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I am not sure if this is the case at CSR, but in January my son's girlfriend discovered that they no longer had a tanning bed at the BW. They told her they no longer had them at WDW because of the previous posters warning about melanoma and the risks of tanning beds.

YAY!!!!!!!!
Finally the truth about the dangers of tanning beds are getting through~
Here in Mass. there is now a 10% tax on using tanning beds.
Tanning it self is dangerous but tanning beds are deadly!

A Big Kid
07-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Just want to point out that as a melanoma survivor any kind of tanning bad for you but studys show that tanning in a tanning bed is much worse for you than tanning in the sun...
SO, if you really want to get a tan please use the real sun and not a tanning bed.
Don't mean to be a downer but aside from me personally surviving cancer I know four people who have died from melanoma.
Please be cautious

I am with you. I came close to losing my wife of 22 years to stage 3 malignant melanoma. The toll this took on us and those around us was immeasurable. All the "lovely" tanned skin has been replaced with numerous surgical scars, some 10" long. I'll love her with the scars or not, but trust me, it was not worth it.