PDA

View Full Version : World of Color day at DLR

Disney4us2
06-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Saturday 6/26 was our World of Color day. I posted a review of our picnic on another thread and won't go into details here.

We spend part of the morning at Disneyland. Not too crowded at that time. Hopped (for me hobbled) over to DCA and met our friends. They went to get fastpasses for WoC. Ours came with the picnic.

After a hang glidder ride over California we went for a magic carpet ride with Aladdin. When that was done we headed back to DL. After a stop at first aid for antiacids we went to theFrench Market... had to have my clam chowder bread bowl soup. DD had the kids mac and cheese.

(They have the best antiacids at DL. Cleared my upset stomach up right away):thumbsup:

After lunch (was about 4pm) we went to HM... walk on. BTMMR... a little wait in the wheelchair entrance. Went to ride on the Matterhorn and then used our fastpasses on Space Mountain.... well at least the girls did.
Our friends went to Plaza Inn for a chicken dinner to go and we went back to DCA for our picnic.

After dinner we lined up in a big crowd... so single line. I was by the rope so I didn't feel too crowded. This crowd was funneled into a single opening where you show your fastpasses. They all have a color section on them. You are then directed to your color section. We were in the Blue section (Picnic dinners). Our friends were in the Red section. We were given one extra blue section fastpass from another guest and the two girls were able to be with each other. Kudos to that kind guest.

The blue section enters on the left side near the bridge to Ariels Grotto. The red section is near the Golden Zephyr. We sat in the handicapped area. We were right up next to the railing on the third tier up. Great view. There were also two benches for guests to sit on. We were not in the "wet zone" but we did get misted. During the show we were supprised by a shower from a unseen fountains in the rose garden.dd

World of Color is just incredible. Loved it, can't wait to see it again, but probably not until August when it is warmer and I don't mind getting misted:mickey: Last night was chilly. The puppet pre-show starts at 8:30 and lasts about 15 minutes. It is really a fun, up-beat, high energy show. It is only done before the first WoC show.

After doing the picnic and seeing where I will be sitting. It is the only way to go. In general the lines were not too bad and moved quickly. They let us in just before 7:30. That is how I would do it again, even though you have a long wait for the show. In the handicapped section we were right next to where the TS dining package was. That area was not filled up at all. But no benches there. World of Color really lives up to the hype.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We ended the day at the Glow fest. Sorta like Go-go dancers meet a rave. I had sticker shock again when I saw how much they were charging for alcoholic :beer:beverage:marg:s.... good thing I don't drink. I liked the glow glasses they had though. It was fun to see once, but I would probably skip it next time. DD liked the video screen in the colorful light towers.

All in all a great time.

robnadina
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the update! I talked DH into going on a July 31st (a Sat). He just wanted to wait until after MLB All-Star week. We are using some of our DVC points and was lucky enough to get a room at GC. We are definately going the picnic basket route. Cant wait to see it!

NotaGeek
06-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the report! :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

Tigerinvestigator
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Thank you for the report. After 37 years of visiting WDW at least once per year, we will be making our first pilgrimage to DLR in CA in March 2011. Can't wait for the package details to come out.:thumbsup: